Light-O-Rama Forums

strobe light strings?

rcktpwrd

Nice! Looks like something I'll be interested in. Thank you for the link.

Are they as bright as the C9 strobes that used to be around? How would you guys rate them on a scale of 1 to 10 as far as brightness goes? Thinking about putting those on the perimeter of my house and I'm definitely looking for opinions of those who have received them already. 

Does someone have a fool proof :unsure:  to ensure ONLY On or OFF using LOR RS485 mode device?  (Relay board? High current (>1A) not an issue)

(Blew up a color changing string, by accidentally putting in in twinkle mode on the wrong channel. don't want to do this again )

If it's a Gen 3 controller, you could create a dimming curve that sets any command other than 0 to output 100%.  That does not protect against plugging into the wrong cord however.  The only real protection against plugging into the wrong cord would be a relay right at the device you are attempting to protect.  That would get rather cumbersome and add quite a bit of expense.  That would not protect against twinkle however...

Make sure of what you are plugging in...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Are they as bright as the C9 strobes that used to be around? How would you guys rate them on a scale of 1 to 10 as far as brightness goes? Thinking about putting those on the perimeter of my house and I'm definitely looking for opinions of those who have received them already. 

Have not compared side by side yet, but my 11 year old niece said “Uncle Daniel, those hurt my eyes!”

I replied, “PERFECT!”

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

as an accent line I think they will look awesome! We are going to add them into our mega-tree as an accent/highlight.

Probably not quite as bright as the C9's, they are only 5mm bulbs so the amount of light is smaller and more concentrated... still pretty sharp looking.

• Like 1

Mine were delivered to the mail room at work about 1030 this morning.  Takes anywhere from 2 hours to two days to get the 100 yards or so to my shop.  Had not made it before I left for the weekend - damn!

Got mine from my white wire vendor today.  No email or anything - they just showed up.  Of all the nerve...

Within an hour, I got a phone message from my green wire vendor telling me those will ship next week.

The timing made me laugh.  They all must have been on the same boat.

The strobes look totally awesome.  Anyone who thinks they're not bright enough, I'll buy them from you.

Watching tv and wrapping lights the last few nights.    I am mounting the bulbs a little less than an inch apart.    This cuts the length down from 25 feet to 42 inches for each set. They wont get tangled this way.   

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Like 2

On 7/13/2018 at 8:15 AM, GriswoldStyle said:

For their size, I think they're really bright. Maybe not as bright as the Xenon strobes but still pretty bright. And the flash rate is great for each bulb. I really like these and may purchase more of them. I bought a bunch of 50 bulb strands in hopes I could share two mini trees with each strand, but all 50 from one strand looks much better on one mini tree. Gives an awesome bright sparkle effect.

• Like 1

Christmas Light Emporium is currently having a flash sale including their strobes for $13.49 - 50 bulb strings.

https://thechristmaslightemporium.com/?utm_campaign=christmas_expo_2018_flash_sale_jul-19-2018_3580&utm_source=LimeSpot&utm_medium=Email

Might have to make another purchase now.

I saw that.  I'm going to evaluate adding some more too.  Need to fire up the ones I just got outside in the dark and see what they look like (so far I've only seen them inside with the lights on)....  I will do that tonight...

Here are a few short videos I did last week. (if I did this right) Kinda in the dark hallway.

Edited by Santas Helper

18 minutes ago, rcktpwrd said:

Tom your video links don't seem to be working...

Shoot. I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know Joel.

Edited by Santas Helper

1 hour ago, rcktpwrd said:

Tom your video links don't seem to be working...

Attempting on my [{#%*> iPhone and they are not working for me either.

I saw these 5mm strobe lights yesterday at the Christmas Expo, as Christmas Light Emporium was there, and they are really bright for the size they are. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Light_addiction said:

I saw these 5mm strobe lights yesterday at the Christmas Expo, as Christmas Light Emporium was there, and they are really bright for the size they are. 

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

Last night I laid four strings of these across my lawn - one each of red, white, blue, & green.  They don't have the bright pop of a real xenon strobe, but for what they are they do look nice.  Let's put it this way, I am going to take advantage of their flash sale and get some more of the three colors (I have enough of the white ones).

Edited by k6ccc