Light-O-Rama Forums

strobe light strings?

rcktpwrd

2 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

I'm curious as to the normal price of these to see how much savings was in place.

If I recall correctly, $16.99 is the same price as last year.  It's not a pre-season savings - it's more along the lines of making sure you get some.

There was quite a bit of chatter in the FB group last year from people who got them and Darren sold out in a flash. (Pun intended.)

I'm very much looking forward to getting them.  I've got a couple places where I'll be using them and I can hardly wait to see how they look in white artificial trees.

1 hour ago, George Simmons said:

If I recall correctly, $16.99 is the same price as last year.  It's not a pre-season savings - it's more along the lines of making sure you get some.

There was quite a bit of chatter in the FB group last year from people who got them and Darren sold out in a flash. (Pun intended.)

I'm very much looking forward to getting them.  I've got a couple places where I'll be using them and I can hardly wait to see how they look in white artificial trees.

Thanks for explaining George. I have a nice order of the 50 count strands.

I used them this year and they have been very popular with visitors.  You can see them at around 3 mine 50 seconds.  

Tony told me about them last night, so I ordered mine then. like George I can't wait to try them out. 

"

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY

8 hours ago, Thebug said:

Curse you people I had to get 3 ?

I bought 6.

I'm a sucker for free freight deals....

5 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

I bought 6.

I'm a sucker for free freight deals....

That's why I ordered 6 sets as well! :lol::)

I'm glad I posted a question asking about these lights and caused so many people to spend money! :lol:

B)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rcktpwrd said:

That's why I ordered 6 sets as well! :lol::)

I'm glad I posted a question asking about these lights and caused so many people to spend money! :lol:

B)

I'm glad you asked as well. :) 

I might have ordered a few more strands because I'm a bigger sucker for free shipping than Mega Arch. :D:lol::ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Santas Helper said:

I'm glad you asked as well. :) 

I might have ordered a few more strands because I'm a bigger sucker for free shipping than Mega Arch. :D:lol::ph34r:

Tom ~ You hosting a mini this year or feel like combining with the LOR Christmas show in Dallas? Just wondering, with my oldest is school I def wont have time to do 2 trips west. A few of us headed to James house during the LOR show. (he doesn't know it yet though) Dallas about 11 hours for me same as OKC

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Tom ~ You hosting a mini this year or feel like combining with the LOR Christmas show in Dallas? Just wondering, with my oldest is school I def wont have time to do 2 trips west. A few of us headed to James house during the LOR show. (he doesn't know it yet though) Dallas about 11 hours for me same as OKC

JR

Not sure yet JR. Have to start thinking about that. If so, I'll have a "special" hotel setup for you. :D:ph34r:

Just now, Santas Helper said:

Not sure yet JR. Have to start thinking about that. If so, I'll have a "special" hotel setup for you. :D:ph34r:

OKC jail? A trip to remember. Dons got everyone thinking I may have pulled a gun out. LOL Instigator he is.

JR

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

OKC jail? A trip to remember. Dons got everyone thinking I may have pulled a gun out. LOL Instigator he is.

JR

2 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

I recently received a call wondering if Caesar was here.. Hmm...

• Haha 1

Just ordered 20 sets of the 50ct. Considering the fail rate of the xenon strobes I've been using I think these will be a good investment in the long haul!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I received my sets from Christmas Light emporium a week ago.  I have not plugged them into a controller, but into a wall outlet, they work fine.  They start firing almost immediately.  At first, all 25 lights fire at pretty much the same time, but within a couple seconds, they are fairly random.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I received my sets from Christmas Light emporium a week ago.  I have not plugged them into a controller, but into a wall outlet, they work fine.  They start firing almost immediately.  At first, all 25 lights fire at pretty much the same time, but within a couple seconds, they are fairly random.

Thanks Jim, that's nice to know.

Hopefully I'll get mine soon.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

I got mine(4 strings)  a few days ago and plugged them into the wall outlet. All flashed nicely, then after 10 min.  1 bulb started flashing slower (longer ON and OFF), then it went out.

No spare bulbs included.  No biggie, but DO plug them in for more than a few seconds it takes to see if they 'just work'