Light-O-Rama Forums

Matrix panels Sequencing

jerry72

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2017 at 5:43 PM, jerry72 said:

ANy thoughts to creating a way to sequence P10 or P5 panels using SS?

Another SuperStar user here interested in jerry72's subject.  

Create a visualization file laid out to match the panels and sequence.  why would a P-10 panel be any different than any other pixels - other than there are a lot of pixels...

6 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Create a visualization file laid out to match the panels and sequence.  why would a P-10 panel be any different than any other pixels - other than there are a lot of pixels...

I agree 100%.  Would be easy, peasy, if the E1.31 controller knew how to handle the P10s as just groups of smart pixels.   I don't know of an E1.31 controller that can take the wires from the first P10 cable, and then logically address all the remaining pixels connected.  What IC (chip type) do I set for the P10 Pixels?  Is there a V+, V-, and data wire from the first P10 panel?  How do I get to the n +1 pixel from the controller (where n = the maximum pixels supported on a single SPI port)?

The Australian group has some videos on P10s, but none identified how to use an E1.31 controller can be used, similar to smart pixels (universes, channels).   It appeared the P10s needed a Beagle Bone and Octoscroller between the P10s and E1.31 board (at least, that's how I interpreted one of the videos).

You don't use a traditional E1.31 controller.  You use either a Beaglebone or Raspberry Pi single board computer running Falcon Player in bridge mode.    See this REALLY LONG thread:

http://forums.lightorama.com/topic/45676-connecting-p10-led-panels-to-lor/

There is a small controller that the P10 panels plug into that is E1-31  its from Ron"s Holiday lighting alto he is out of stock till sometime in February  he has a video on his website , the controller is for led panels I'm going to get one when there in stock and see if it works.

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

You don't use a traditional E1.31 controller.  You use either a Beaglebone or Raspberry Pi single board computer running Falcon Player in bridge mode.    See this REALLY LONG thread:

Thanks for the link to the thread.