Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (32-bit), Version 5.0.16
Pro Edition

Copyright 2016-2017 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: Arnold de Leon

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i5 CPU  M 560 @ 2.67GHz
NVIDIA NVS 3100M
OpenGL version: 3.3.0

I've experimenting with the MIIP and after some debugging I think Windows commands with sequences are not running.  MIIP relies on a command running to know what song has played.  When looking at the logs I don't see any evidence that it ever runs the Windows command when running sequence is run from the show.

I still doing some more debugging to confirm.

MIIP is working for me on 5.0.14. I didn't upgrade to .16. I can upgrade to test something if you like.

Look in C:\Users\USER ID\AppData\Local\MIIPclient\miipclient txt. You should see the song name update in the file when the commands run.

Incidentally, the commands run when you start the sequence in the SE, at least in S4, so you can always check the commands are working from there.

In MIIP look on the Member set up tab and click on Verify. You will get a summary of all MIIP settings including if Win commands are present and if they are all there.

Shoulld give you a good start on tracking the problem down, The log can also be sent to Bob who is always most helpful.

Edited by PhilMassey

Yeah the file is not being updated when the sequence runs.  I can run the test from the MIIP software and I see that it gets updated and the client view shows what I put in with the test.  I also can run the command manually and it correctly updates the log and file.

I will try downgrading to 5.0.14 this morning now that the shows are not running.  I can also try running in Sequencer.

arnold

Just a reminder that after entering a command in a sequence, you must restart the show player before the command will take effect.  Normally I just unload LOR and start the Control Panel again..  I have been burned more than once with that one.

Here is a trick for you so you do not have to stop the show player.    You will notice that every command is exactly the same.   This is because the player provides the name of the sequence being played.    Years ago I talked to LOR Bob (now retired) and he hoped to fix this problem.  Anyway.  Inside each .lms file is a pointer to the command which is stored in cmdmap.lcm.   

What I do is EDIT the .lms file and replace the  commandKey="64709BAC92B9E48A26E487474472D1143D1711C93267DFE8565E0742D319C90D" 

this is changed   commandKey="64709BAC92B9E48A26E487474472D1143D1711C93267DFE8565E0742D319C90D" 

becomes             commandKey="MIIP.CMD" 

Every song has the same command and that one command is found by all the songs in cmdmap.lcm.    This is convenient when copying sequences between computers as I dont have to worry about the long guid like number being found.   A new song will play without restarting. 

I downgraded to 5.0.14 and did a complete restart (rebooted the computer) but I'm still getting nothing in miipclient.txt fail.  It really looks the command is not being executed.  It's clearly not just a straight software version issue.   Running the sequence via the sequencer correctly updates the file. 

I will try putting the sequence file in the same directory as miipclient.txt file and if that fails I'll edit the the loredit files and have them point to the same entry in the cmdmap.lcm file.

arnold

Well, that is strange, it just started working.  I think the only I changed was the following line that in the cmdmap file:

<command key="5db9ae01-b1b3-47c8-a44e-6903690f6604" command="" windowStyle="4" />

and make it like all the others.  I wonder if it was causing some kind parsing problem.

arnold