Light-O-Rama Forums
Tomaudio

CB100D Won't control lights.

I have 3 CB100D controllers with 2 50 ccp strings per controller. I have created the props for them and put them in my sequences. The preview shows them operating as I expect them to but the lights won't work when the sequence is played the lights aren't controlled (no display). I'm running S5.0.16. The controllers are on a regular LOR network along with 2 16 channel controllers and a LOR 50w flood. The 2 16 channel controllers and the Flood work properly but the CB100Ds don't. The ccps worked correctly last year with S4 and I used macros to run chases with them. Presently they are on the house and connected but not working. Something I did notice was about 4 ccps would light on the far end of reversed string 1 while playing my show.

Off hand, my best guess based on you saying that the first four pixels are running is a channel configuration mismatch.  Do those pixels match activity of another controller?

I have assigned unit IDs of 3, 5, and 7 respectively to the 3 cb100ds and left IDs 4, 6, and 8 open and not used. The real issue is that I can't seem to find how to set up the props to take advantage of the macros or to set them up to allow motion effects to run them. I think that the few lit pixels are a different issue.

I tried to use a sequence from last year and adapt it to my present controller line-up but that has caused all sorts of channel conflicts including stepping on my dmx channel network. 

Sorry, I am trying to condense my issues into fewer words but they all may be related. I am wondering if previews can step on each other or some how be inadvertently combined and cause channel and unit ID conflicts behind the scenes so to speak.

I will send a spread sheet with my complete channel line-up later.

Are you setting the CB100s to normal or dual-normal mode?  Your statement about leaving IDs 4, 6, & 8 unused confuses me.  If you are using Normal mode, you don’t need to skip those.  If you’re using Dual-Normal mode, the second strings will use those IDs, and you will program the three second strings with those IDs.

As far as the Macros, I’ve never used them except to play with them enough to see them work.

I don’t know if the S5 Preview Editor checks for duplicate channels between props.  My guess is that it doesn’t.  I have not played with S5 for a couple months since I have been committing my time to my Christmas show which is running in S4.3.24, so there are others that can better answer that part.

Hi Jim,

I left the 4, 6, and 8 unit IDs open in case I wanted to switch to the dual normal situation. At present I use the Normal mode. Please see the attached spread sheet of my channel assignments. 

I guess I need someone more well versed in S5 as I think my issues revolve around the way it works. In any event I have had a good display this year in spite of my troubles. I hope I can get it worked out so that I can do a more polished show next year.

I don't need to use the macros, I just thought it would be a way to get the look I wanted accomplished. I set up my three CB100s to use motion effects and that is what the preview shows when I run it. I just can't get it to Control Lights.

Thanks again for your help.

Tom

Controller and Channel info Christmas 2017.xlsx

In order to play motion effects on lights, your CB100s must be on an enhanced LOR network (ELOR). Also, it is easiest to set up CB100s in an S5 preview using dual-normal mode -- especially if you have props that span more than one string.

You can manually set up channels in the preview to support CCR macros, but the macro effects will not display during preview playback. If set up correctly, they will drive your lights however. Better support for CCR macros is planned for a later beta release.

Matt

Matt,

Thank you so much for the clarification! I was hoping it was something simple. I have moved the CB100s to one of my ELOR networks and they are working perfectly.

At the moment I don't need the CCR macros, but it is good to know that you will be working on them in a later release.

Thanks again for your support and work on S5. I hope I can be of some service in the development of S5.

Tom