Light-O-Rama Forums

Networks

HLE

I recently added a pixel tree to our show but I’m having issues with a few pixels on the fist and fourth stands lighting up when they are not supposed to and before you ask yes they are sequenced off at the time. Heck the whole tree is off for a song and they are still on changing colors and flashing. I wrote a help ticket and was told that it sounds like it is getting the sequences for other channels and it’s showing up in the tree as well. They suggested putting the tree on a different network.

So, now that I’ve gone in and set up the new “Aux A” network tone the pixel tree, i went into SuperStar and changed the visual channels to “Aux A” network, saved the sequence in SuperStar, reexported it to Sequence Editor and redone the sequences to reflect this change.  One problem, now my tree doesn’t light up at all! IV been really frustrated with this to the point of almost just getting rid of the tree all together. What am I missing?? I’m using on my laptop “Comm 4” as the port for my show, as it asked in the hardware program, and have “Comm 3” as my “Aux A” network but it’s not assigned to the hardware program as part of the show. Is this my problem? Has anyone faced this issue before? Any steps in the right direction would be great!!!

Did you change your controllers in the sequence editor to reflect the change? You can do this quickly in sequence editor/ tools/channel configuration/change controller. You put the tree on a new network but you haven't told S4 that yet? Also Red rs-485 adapter? make sure you go into network preferences or use the network config tool and see if Aux A is set to Comm 3.  I've learned way too much about the HU ( Hardware Utility ) this year, the best way to see what Com port you're really using is to see the results yourself and leave the HU out of equation totally and go from there. From now on I will only be using the HU for testing networks. If you've already done all that and still no luck read this, it will tell you how to go into your device manager and confirm what ports you are using.

Confirm that your network configuration looks something like this.  Obviously you only have two networks whereas I have three, and your Comm port numbers are different.

NetworkConfiguration_4.3.26.png

• The topic was locked