Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Editor doesn't work properly

MattMac

Hello All -

I've put together a small show for this year (first year using LOR).  It consists of 2 animation sequences and 1 musical sequence.  I've added all these to the show in Show Editor, and then I've set the schedule to play this show.  Here's where the issue comes in:

At the prescribed time, the show begins to play, however, it only plays the musical sequence over and over again.  It won't play either of my animation sequences, so it just repeats the same 3-minute song over and over again.  Am I doing something wrong?  The control panel log even says "starting animation..." but the next line says "Loading compressed sequence" and then "Starting Musical."  It's as if it just skips over the animations.

How do I get the show to play all of my sequences, and not just the musical sequence? 

Thanks!  

I have the two animation sequences under the “Animations” tab and the musical sequence under the “Musical” tab.  I only have the basic license version, so I can’t even use the other tabs at this point.  

Do you have anything in the shutdown tab? I think you need a sequence in there ( even a couple seconds of silence/darkness ), if you don't I'm guessing that's why it keeps playing your musical sequence over and over.

Are you using your animations to " fill in " in between shows? If so then you should have two separate shows created to use in the scheduler. I don't think you can have it included with your musical unless that's part of your show. Once you've set your start times for your musical then it will always cancel the animation sequence and start the musical show.

4 hours ago, MattMac said:

I have the two animation sequences under the “Animations” tab and the musical sequence under the “Musical” tab.  I only have the basic license version, so I can’t even use the other tabs at this point.  

Put the animations into the Musical tab.

19 minutes ago, oilmoney said:

Do you have anything in the shutdown tab? I think you need a sequence in there ( even a couple seconds of silence/darkness ), if you don't I'm guessing that's why it keeps playing your musical sequence over and over.

No.  You do not need anything in the shutdown tab.  Note that as the OP stated with his Basic level license, he can't use the shutdown tab.

You can mix animation (LAS) and musical (LMS) in the same show on the Musical Tab. When you click the Add button, you just need to change the file type to LAS in the dropdown at the bottom right  of the Select dialog.

Too slow again.....

Edited by PhilMassey