Light-O-Rama Forums

anyone sharing 12 string pixel seq for testing purposes?

Dcroc

Anyone have a 12 strip pixel tree sequence they can share?  I hear that SS can convert 12 to 16,  and would like to play with feature.  Doesn't matter what the sequence is, as I would just like to see how images and maybe text looks after converted.  I injuried myself at work, and can not use my right hand at all, so making my own sequnce is kinda out of the picture for the next few months, so any sharing is a huge help right now.  Thank you.

dcroc@verizon.net

So this is my first year with pixels and I have never used SS, I bought my sequencing this year. I had planned on sequencing for next year.  I upgraded to beta 5 and didn't realize that it is essentially PE as I had never used it before either. Even if someone did share a sequence with me would it come as a loredit or play file?  Or would I need SS copy it?

4 minutes ago, whyintheworld said:

So this is my first year with pixels and I have never used SS, I bought my sequencing this year. I had planned on sequencing for next year.  I upgraded to beta 5 and didn't realize that it is essentially PE as I had never used it before either. Even if someone did share a sequence with me would it come as a loredit or play file?  Or would I need SS copy it?

People can send you files (or purchased sequences) in various formats.  As there are becoming more formats in common use, it becomes more important to know what you're getting.  If you get a file in SuperStar format you would need to have a SuperStar license in order to export the sequence to Sequence Editor.  If you received a file in Pixel Editor format, you would need to have a LOR Pro level license in order to make use of the file.  Many of the sequence vendors can send you a sequence in several different formats.  And you are right that S5 adds another format to the mix.  Personally I sequence in SuperStar so any files I purchase need to be in SuperStar format.  Off hand as it sits today, I believe most of the 12 or 16 string sequences today are in SuperStar format with Sequence Editor format optional from some sources.

3 hours ago, Dcroc said:

Anyone have a 12 strip pixel tree sequence they can share?  I hear that SS can convert 12 to 16,  and would like to play with feature.  Doesn't matter what the sequence is, as I would just like to see how images and maybe text looks after converted.  I injuried myself at work, and can not use my right hand at all, so making my own sequnce is kinda out of the picture for the next few months, so any sharing is a huge help right now.  Thank you.

dcroc@verizon.net

Everything looks the same if all things are equal. Tree to tree, matrix to matrix.

Online images such as gifs that are converted from tree to matrix lose quality.

If it’s apuxel created image like in paint then no loss of wuality

JR

4 hours ago, k6ccc said:

People can send you files (or purchased sequences) in various formats.  As there are becoming more formats in common use, it becomes more important to know what you're getting.  If you get a file in SuperStar format you would need to have a SuperStar license in order to export the sequence to Sequence Editor.  If you received a file in Pixel Editor format, you would need to have a LOR Pro level license in order to make use of the file.  Many of the sequence vendors can send you a sequence in several different formats.  And you are right that S5 adds another format to the mix.  Personally I sequence in SuperStar so any files I purchase need to be in SuperStar format.  Off hand as it sits today, I believe most of the 12 or 16 string sequences today are in SuperStar format with Sequence Editor format optional from some sources.

yup...

I have all that.  Just upgraded my SS.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:17 AM, Dcroc said:

dcroc@verizon.net

did you get what you need?  Have a couple from last year.

13 hours ago, Dcroc said:

Yes, but I am always happy to look at more.  Interesting to see how different effects are done, also.

sent

11 hours ago, whyintheworld said:

I'd like to take a look as well, i need to make the leap sometime.  Many thanks in advance. 

Romectxmas@gmail.com

sent