Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Lights Stay White

Dave76

Hello, up until a couple evenings ago my show has been working fine.  Three nights ago, one output ended up staying full on white, during sequence, after sequence, after show stops, and even when I run a demo mode.  If I unplug and plug back in, it works fine until it hits FULL white again.  Any ideas what’s going on? For three weeks it worked fine. 

Thanks!

The most common cause of that is a failed pixel.  Although usually they stay solid white all the time.  It can be the first pixel in the string that is white or the pixel before that one that is the failed pixel.  If that is the case, the only solution is to replace the pixel (or the whole string).

I cranked my PS down to 11.67 (lowest it would go) and no luck.  So I moved the output to a different bridge of outputs (e682 have the three groups of four) I put it on output 1-9 and nothing on 1-10, 1-11, or 1-12 and it worked.  So I’m stumped other than the other 1-5 through 1-8 where it was originally is doing something funky. Though it worked for three weeks till now

1 hour ago, Dave76 said:

I cranked my PS down to 11.67 (lowest it would go) and no luck.  So I moved the output to a different bridge of outputs (e682 have the three groups of four) I put it on output 1-9 and nothing on 1-10, 1-11, or 1-12 and it worked.  So I’m stumped other than the other 1-5 through 1-8 where it was originally is doing something funky. Though it worked for three weeks till now

Why would you go for Low voltage? There is no such thing as a negative voltage drop.  12.6V is well within the +/- 10% common with 12V specs and allows a few more feet of wires. If all white was the trigger, that would be the condition to cause the MOST voltage drop.

When you replaced the Pix, you did use the same series of chips?   Where is the bad pix in the string (location count)

I read on the forum some people dropped the voltage and then it solved their issue. I did get them working this afternoon, and then tonight, the same issue but this time the out doesn’t light up anymore...

i messed up also, I meant I used 1-1,1-2,1-3.  I moved it to 3-1 output and started working. But like I said, tonight it hit whites and then turns off? No clue

With your lights all connected to ports and you do a test in the E682 controller do the lights work properly.  1- red 2- green 3- blue 

• The topic was locked