Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 question with importing channel config

James Shelby

I am cleaning up sequences from years ago and in the past it was easy. I just used my last channel config file to create a new sequence and copy and paste everything. But with S5 I have tried everything to keep the imported config file from sorting  A-Z how do you stop the sorting its driving me nuts?

OMG 2.5 hours of moving channels back to the right locations there is a better way I am sure, this is going to take 16 hours or more to relocate channels. And then if it keeps sorting A-Z I could make a template renaming all the channels with a letter in front of the old names to see if that trick works but that still will take forever.  I have tried taking a new sequence exporting the channel config, opened an old sequence imported the channel config and nothing happens. Also no tracks copy over.

Edited by James Shelby

• 2 months later...

Good question.  Wondering the same thing.  Actually, I have been searching to see what are the new features or differences in S5, but I can't seem to find anything.  Nothing comes up in the search window that I see.

• The topic was locked