Light-O-Rama Forums

R.I.P. Robin Stublen

George Simmons

As posted to the LOR Users Group on Facebook by William Bottomley earlier today:

For those of you who knew Robin Stublen, he passed away this morning after a long battle with cancer. Robin was a Veteran decorator who was instrumental in our hobby. His ideas were priceless, wireframes were awesome, and overall a great guy. He will be missed! Here's his Youtube videos from his decorating days.

safe_image.php?d=AQCxiVbDcNpJt6Zx&w=160&

Personal Note:  I learned an awful lot from Robin when I started using LOR controllers back in 2008.  We all did.  His singing Santa and deer as seen in the video linked above was unique and may well have been the first singing *anything* in this hobby.  He was a friend, once upon a time he was a member here, and to those who knew him he will be missed.

Always hate to hear the passing of anyone, especially anyone who is in the hobby.

Passing during the holiday season only makes it worse. Sad news. Thanks for passing it on.

14 hours ago, Brian Mitchell said:

He is also the namesake of the Robin Wheel that many of us have in our displays. RIP. 

Yeah - I remember how he acted real PO'ed when I first gave them that name after stealing the idea from him.  But I always suspected that deep down inside he was honored.

• The topic was locked