Light-O-Rama Forums

string lights on garage roof

kryolla

If you are going to do "whole house" effects, the denser the better.   I'm currently at 10" but will be reducing that to 5" or less for next season just to ensure the whole house effects are visible.

Wow, uhum, like a - what controller are you planning on using? What kind of lights, elements, ect is rest of your display? Using incandescents, LEDs, pixels, strips? Leave up under eave year round for landscape/security? Oh yeah, and color?

And lastly: What looks good to you and yours may not to everyone else. 

Edited by Mega Arch
  • Like 1

just vertical light strings

30 minutes ago, iflights said:

If you are going to do "whole house" effects, the denser the better.   I'm currently at 10" but will be reducing that to 5" or less for next season just to ensure the whole house effects are visible.

are you using regular 100 count strings?

12 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Wow, uhum, like a - what controller are you planning on using? What kind of lights, elements, ect is rest of your display? Using incandescents, LEDs, pixels, strips? Leave up under eave year round for landscape/security? Oh yeah, and color?

And lastly: What looks good to you and yours may not to everyone else. 

I have a pixel mini and mega tree, pixel strip arches, and CCB for the roof outline. For this season I'm only going to add white led strings then maybe next year add red and green. I'm not sure how pixel nodes would look thus why I'm asking.

4 minutes ago, iflights said:

C9 style pixels.

I'm using GE Color effects bulbs on my roof peak which are slightly smaller than C9.  I wanted the individual bulb look rather than something that looks like a neon tube and used 7.5 inch spacing.  I am happy with it.

2 hours ago, kryolla said:

I have a pixel mini and mega tree, pixel strip arches, and CCB for the roof outline. For this season I'm only going to add white led strings then maybe next year add red and green. I'm not sure how pixel nodes would look thus why I'm asking.

I have dumb(12V)  8mm bullets @ 4" on Plastic Plumbers Tape that I drilled 12mm holes using a metric step reamer, on my ridge. Bright, not eye searing ;) The LEDS face (down) parallel to the roof

59 minutes ago, kryolla said:

are you hanging them vertical from the ridge to the gutter, like the pic

GarageRoof.jpg

No, I follow the ridge line.  I have Gables 1 front  , 1 leg toward front as it faces side 

/--------------------------------\

/\                                         \

the Inv V is 2@ 50 nodes, with 30 more to the top ridge, 100nodes, then 70 back down

Also, I have 170 more nodes along the drip line (staggered entry)

I went to lowes and they had 24 inch white led snowflakes two for 89 with 15% off. I'll get four this weekend hopefully they'll be further reduced then after Christmas I'll get 4 more and put those on the garage roof. I have two 10 watt flood that I'll add too