Light-O-Rama Forums

new user pixie 16 to work separately

floridawhitecaps

Hello Fellow Light-o-rama Forums,

for two months been rattling my brain programing my new pixie 16. 1 LOR controller pixie 16 is set for the matrix the 2nd LOR pixie 16 is for 3 arch's and the rest 13 little trees.

The problem no matter how I try to address each controller or configure and have assigned ID's , when running the sequence both will play the same sequence or one will override

the other sequence. I have set props in pixel editor and sequence both separately, but for some reason whatever I sequence for the matrix will play over on the 3 arch's and 13 little trees

and also if I make changes whatever I sequence for the 2nd LOR will play over the matrix. What am I doing wrong, would like both LOR pixie 16 to work independently, can't seem to address

both to work independently. I know there is a simple solution I'm doing something wrong or addressing incorrectly  but what am I doing wrong. 

Thank you

William

floridawhitecaps@outlook.com

Sounds like you have the Unit ID's screwed up. Each Pixie16 will use 16 consecutive unit ID's, one for each port. When you initially programmed the Pixie it asked for a base ID that you provide and the software automatically assigns the next 15.

So if you assigned the first Pixie ID 1 then that Pixie is actually assigned ID's 1-10 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 6, 7, 8, 9, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10).

The Second Pixie should start at ID 11 and would be assigned 11-20 (11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20).

If you assigned them 1 & 2 then you would have overlapping ID's and they would be doing the same thing.

Edited by Mr. P

Mr. P

Thank you so much now I understand. Never thought of that, I new there was a simple solution I was staring at it but never hit me till it was explain what I was doing wrong.

Will address this issue first thing in the morning, also sorry for a late response work late hours to 2am. Let you know how it goes and Thank You again, can't wait to see my grandson

eye's when all the lights work independently . Thank You.

• The topic was locked