Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Lights

NevadaIALights

Anyone use the Enchanted Forest LED lights from Menards? I didn't know how well they would dim using LOR or if anyone has any real life experience with them.

Thanks

I'm using that brand for the first time this year and so far I'm not having any problems.  I'm using them on the 3 tree trunks by our Nativity Scene and the 2 tomato cage mini-trees by our front steps.  They seem to dim & shimmer just fine (see videos). 

I have been buying the more expensive professional sealed LED lights for around $10 for a 70 light string and these at 50% will be $4 a string for 70 lights. I had gotten away from big box store lights because they always failed so quickly but now I am tempted to try it again since money is tight. Any other thoughts on the subject would be appreciated!

If you just need LEDs for the remainder of this Christmas lighting season, the Enchanted Forest lights from Menard's should be fine.  But buy a few spare boxes, just in case.  Hopefully they'll last at least a few years (unlike the ones I got last year at Home Depot that didn't even make it to the end of Dec.).

Nothing wrong with the Home Depot and Lowe's brand lights if you just want a lot of lights, cheap. Yes, there are lights that are better but cost 10x more and I have strings that are on their eigth year with no issues.

I use Walmart lights with much success. Used them for years. Yes, when I set up every year there are some that don't work, but cheap and good enough to replace. I have thousands so 2-5 strands a year is nothing.

Don't use GE brand from Walmart. They do not react well to fast input.

Don't use the Martha Stewart brand either.  Multiple reports on the forums that they tend to catch fire when dimmed.