Light-O-Rama Forums

startup sequence issue?

rcktpwrd

I have a short startup sequence that has about 16 channels, out of 80 total, that come on for about 30 seconds before the show begins. This is to get the inflatables going and have some other things turn on like the FM transmitter.  It was working perfectly until the other day, now only a few of the channels are coming on during the startup sequence, once the songs begin everything comes on as intended and everything works perfectly until the show ends.

I think Windows 10 did an update the other day, I found the laptop on the startup/password screen, not sure if that caused the issue or not? I'm not sure what build of Win 10 it is now.  I tried changing the startup sequence slightly (made it 1 minute long) and also changed the start time slightly (a couple minutes sooner) and that made no difference... I did run the sequence through the verifier and the only errors were all the off channels. It's not a huge deal since everything works as intended during the show, but I would like to figure out whats wrong and correct it.

LOR version 4.3.24 Advanced license

Thanks for any ideas

earlier today I deleted the .lsv and .lsc files associated with the startup sequence and when the show turned on the startup worked as intended.

The .lsv should no have had any effect.  The .lsc is the compressed file that is what actually plays.  Sounds like it got corrupted somehow.   When you played the show for the first time after deleting it, the show player would have found the .lsc file missing, then opened the .lms or more likely .las since I assume the startup was an animation file and re-created the .lsc file.

Glad you got it working.

You are correct Jim it is a .las animation file. I would suspect you are also correct about the file being corrupt somehow. 

Thanks! :)

Well today the startup didn't work properly again... about 8 channels started up normally but not the other 8. On the status window everything looks normal. Once the startup sequence finished and the first song started everything came on as it should and all the songs have cycled through without issue.

Try making it a background animation instead of a startup/musical sequence thing?   Anything that should be on for the entire show should probably be a background animation.

Joe that is probably how I should do it and I may change to that for next season. I don't really want to mess with the rest of the show/sequences that are working perfectly now. The startup sequence worked perfectly for the first couple of weeks of the show and now it's not working as intended.

• The topic was locked