Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Scheduler to do a hard stop at the top and bottom of the hour

pouterson1

Is there a way to get the scheduler to do a hard cutover to a show that I have scheduled at the top and bottom of the hour.  I have break sequences that are running past the top and bottom of the hours.  I want to start my shows at this time.  I appreciate the help.

Paul

Actually there are a lot of things I'd like to have added to the scheduler, as it stands it very basic

1) a built in visualize, if there is a show playing, it would be great to know what lights should be flashing. On occasion I swear something should be happening and its not. May be as simple as an RJ45 having fell out but it would be a great frame of reference

2) Jump to next song feature. On occasion I am in one of the short time-outs I build into a show, but there might be a crowd, I'd like to nudge the show forward

3) Sort out the calendar function....

4) If I start a show early with "show on demand", I'd like to be able to exit the on demand show and enter the schedule show automatically. As it stands, I have to manually exit the on demand show

the current scheduler certainly has an air of "oh we haven't looked at that in a while"

Edited by ndutton

I assume you are running your show from a computer and not a director.  My comments assume that to be the case.

1) You can run the Visualizer and see exactly what is going on.  It’s very easy to do that on the show computer, and fairly easy to do it on another computer that is on your same LAN.  With a little effort, you can even run the Visualizer anywhere on the internet with a little advanced planning - I have done it.

2) There is no way to abort a currently running song and skip to the next song.  However you might want to look at MIIP which lets you (or anyone else), change the order of songs.  Search here on the forum for MIIP and you’ll find it.  If you want to see what it looks like, go to wfcl.miip.mobi and you can see what’s playing on my show and change the order. Obviously you can’t actually see my show unless you happen to be in Glendora, CA.

3) What issue do you have with the calendar?

4) When you start a Show on Demand, if you give an ending time, it will stop at that time and if there scheduled show, the scheduled show will start.  If you don’t give an ending time (the box for run it until you tell it to stop), what do you expect it to do - read your mind that you want it to stop?

1 hour ago, pouterson1 said:

Is there a way to get the scheduler to do a hard cutover to a show that I have scheduled at the top and bottom of the hour.  I have break sequences that are running past the top and bottom of the hours.  I want to start my shows at this time.  I appreciate the help.

Paul

Easy,  dinner came - answer later

1 hour ago, pouterson1 said:

Paul

Are  your sequences all musical  ? the scheduler will not stop a musical sequence during the song  you best bet is to add a short animation sequence at the end ,the scheduler will stop the animation sequence whenever you scheduled time is .

• Like 1

Dinner completed and on a computer rather than a phone.  Dennis told you what I would have.  If you need more detail, just ask.  One of us can answer.

Got it.  Thanks guys.  I'll add a short animation at the end of the break show.  Makes sense.  I'll also look at MIIP.  Thanks for the help.

Paul

@K6CCC

1) You can run the Visualizer and see exactly what is going on.  It’s very easy to do that on the show computer, and fairly easy to do it on another computer that is on your same LAN.  With a little effort, you can even run the Visualizer anywhere on the internet with a little advanced planning - I have done it.

>>>> Please tell me more. I am assuming you are talking about S3 or S4 here. I actually made the flip to S5 this season which doesn't have a visualized outside of the editor but even then I am not 100% I understand how you would do that.

2) There is no way to abort a currently running song and skip to the next song.  However you might want to look at MIIP which lets you (or anyone else), change the order of songs.  Search here on the forum for MIIP and you’ll find it.  If you want to see what it looks like, go to wfcl.miip.mobi and you can see what’s playing on my show and change the order. Obviously you can’t actually see my show unless you happen to be in Glendora, CA.

>>>> Yeah I saw that but I am reluctant to use a time bombed software. If I become reliant on it and the author pulls the plug on supporting it etc.

>>>> Its a real pain to do mass deletes or edits.

4) When you start a Show on Demand, if you give an ending time, it will stop at that time and if there scheduled show, the scheduled show will start.  If you don’t give an ending time (the box for run it until you tell it to stop), what do you expect it to do - read your mind that you want it to stop?

>>>> LOL, no but I like your sarcasm :0) it was very fair....., I'd like the scheduled show to take priority. Let me explain; today you have 2 options; 1) Play until I tell it to stop or 2) Play until this time. I would like a #3, play until a scheduled show is due to start. In this case I wouldn't have to check the schedule to do #2, and a #2 would gracefully end and a #3 would gracefully start.

15 minutes ago, ndutton said:

>>>> Its a real pain to do mass deletes or edits.

>>>> LOL, no but I like your sarcasm :0) it was very fair....., I'd like the scheduled show to take priority. Let me explain; today you have 2 options; 1) Play until I tell it to stop or 2) Play until this time. I would like a #3, play until a scheduled show is due to start. In this case I wouldn't have to check the schedule to do #2, and a #2 would gracefully end and a #3 would gracefully start.

3) Simply delete the weeksched.lsc file and start over. 

4) If you have the status window up, you can see when the next show starts. (At least in S3/S4 versions.) Honestly, it's something that (I think) require a lot of extra programming on LOR's part for something that adds all of 30 seconds to what your doing (Assuming you have to go pull up the schedule, etc.)

On 3 - great good to know, though arguably a hack to a graceful application flow.

on 4 - your missing my point. Assume the scheduled show is in full flow, you are looking at it and some lights don’t seem to be firing as expected. You ask yourself, weren’t those blue roof lights supposed to be on during that? It would be useful if a mini visualizer was available in the status window. I could real-time check to see if what I thought should be happening was supposed to be happening. I might be able to solve an issue during a live show.

if effort was the only measure as to whether it should be done or not, well frankly none of us would do this would we... we do it partly because we want to make a great product for our neighbors and friends.

I didn't read the whole thread, so I didn't know #4 was tied into the Viz question.

No idea there, I haven't touched S5 yet.