Light-O-Rama Forums

Whole House FM Transmitter

roughgod22

Anyone know where I can buy a whole house FM transmitter today or quickly. Mine is starting to have issues and I need a replacement asap! I am in the St. Louis area, if that helps.

I wouldn't buy the whole whole transmitter, I heard they aren't very good. I bought mine on Amazon and got free 2 day shipping. I'd do that, and in 2 days you're be back up and running.

Search Amazon for a CZE-05b or CZH-05b.  Better radio for less money and you should be able to get it overnight.

• Like 1

+1 on the CZE-05b. I bought one two weeks ago - one day Amazon prime delivery. Works like a charm.

Remember to set it to low power mode or they'll be tuning in over in KC! :) (well, not quite but you get the point!)

I have the CZH,  and fro some reason can only get about half a block out of it on high.  Not to hijack thread, but is there an upgrade antenna for this?

I have the Signstek CZH-05b on low and I have a 2 acre front yard. With the rubber antenna and it sitting in my front window, I get about 4 blocks each way down the road. Dcroc, try running it on low.

Tom

On 12/15/2017 at 2:58 PM, k6ccc said:

Search Amazon for a CZE-05b or CZH-05b.  Better radio for less money and you should be able to get it overnight.

what he said!!

8 minutes ago, roughgod22 said:

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will look into getting one of the FM transmitters through Amazon.

you won't regret it, mine has been running strong for 4 years.  Get's used for both Halloween and Christmas.

On 12/16/2017 at 12:56 PM, Dcroc said:

I have the CZH,  and fro some reason can only get about half a block out of it on high.  Not to hijack thread, but is there an upgrade antenna for this?

In the US, any low-powered FM transmitter like that is supposed to have non-upgradable antennas - or proprietary connectors to make replacing the stock antenna (except for an exact replacement) difficult/impossible.  Replacing the antenna would be a violation of FCC rules.  

For better range, get the transmitter near a window closest to where the show is viewed; higher is better, and the less obstructions the better.   Make sure the antenna is standing up; if it is on an angle or laying on its side, the reception will drop dramatically. 

I have a CZH-05B and it is crystal clear for a block or two in either direction from the house, and can be picked up through increasing noise for several blocks depending on how many houses the signal has to go through to reach a given point.  It is in the first floor window facing the front of the house.