Light-O-Rama Forums

50 watt flood not working

cdlouke

I bought the flood during the spring sale and I placed the flood in my display on Dec 01 and it worked fine till the 10th. It seems now to be completely dead. I pulled it from my display and ran it by its self in HU. HU does not recognize it. Any thoughts?????

Did you have rain or run your sprinklers? I’ve found that those connectors are not as rainproofed as well as you would think. I’ve added silicone to the end I have tie wrapped up to eliminate entry of moisture. And sprinklers are always turned off while props are in the yard. 

Remove the inside splice connector and see if it can be seen then. 

I did have to have one warranteed, but this time of year might take awhile. It really sucks that it’s down right now when you need it the most. Sorry. 

Each of my 50W floods had bad ethernet jack splices.  On two of them it was both dongles, and on the other two it was just one of the dongles.  One was a bad crimp on the connector.  Another had two of the wires cut where they had cut the insulation and later put the waterproof tape over.  So replacing the connector didn't fix it at first until I went back to their original stripping and found the nicked wires.  Once I cut back the wire and put on a new connector all was well. 

Each failed at different points during the show season, so if you have a cable tester, I'd take off the back and test each cable while flexing them.  No tester, replace both cables on each flood.  You have to make your own cables though since  you have to pass them through the housing...  

Haven't had a bit of trouble with them since I replaced all the cable ends.  I had read about the cable ends and it saved me a ton of troubleshooting as I was able to go directly to testing the cables...

Mine was defective on receipt.   I had it exchanged; quick and painless, and great customer service.  The new one may also have an issue, unfortunately.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Quite a few issues with the 50W floods it appears and even when they're brand new. :unsure:

Worth it! They make a big pop in the show.

I have not had anymore issues and LOR was great and fast on fixing me up. Even buying through an authorized partner, they directly handled the warranty. No worries.

Also, I use mine year round in landscape and flagpole lighting. Great product from great company. 

Edited by Mega Arch

I have problems now with the replacement unit - I think.  When it is inserted into the chain, there is apparently too much noise (bad power supply?) and the flood doesn't respond to the HW utility, and the Pixie2 right before it keeps disconnecting.   #3 (and a new Pixie2 - just in case) are on the way.   For now, the flood is disconnected.

For what it's worth, it worked flawlessly by itself, and using the cables that connected it in the LOR network.  

Excellent customer support from LOR.

Well put a trouble ticket in and they had me open it up and reset the unit. With the reset the unit was able to run its test pattern. Put it back together and HU would still not recognize the unit. Next thing I know I get another email from LOR customer service advising me that a replacement unit was being shipped to me. Kudos to LOR they stand behind there product.

Also thanks to everyone for there input

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Follow up - third try was the charm.   This unit plugged in where desired and has been working fine for the past two nights.  I added the previous unit to the beginning and end of the chain and immediately the Pixie2 and the working 50w flood dropped off the network.    I want two more of these, so I hope they figure out the issue with the two that didn't work.  I did swap power supplies first, but that didn't fix the issue, so apparently it wasn't a dirty power supply. 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:25 PM, cdlouke said:

Well put a trouble ticket in and they had me open it up and reset the unit. With the reset the unit was able to run its test pattern. Put it back together and HU would still not recognize the unit. Next thing I know I get another email from LOR customer service advising me that a replacement unit was being shipped to me. Kudos to LOR they stand behind there product.

Also thanks to everyone for there input

UPS delivered my replacement Flood on Friday night. Got it hooked up yesterday and everything is working like a charm. Merry Christmas everyone!

11 hours ago, cdlouke said:

UPS delivered my replacement Flood on Friday night. Got it hooked up yesterday and everything is working like a charm. Merry Christmas everyone!

Glad your up and running!

Way to go LOR! Busiest time of your year and helped a lighter out in the same week. Amazing service...

• The topic was locked