Light-O-Rama Forums

Connecting P10 LED panels to LOR?

brichi

10 minutes ago, brichi said:

ok cool, I don't have any E1.31 so thats all new to me, my entire show is ran on 8 Pixie LOR controllers

no shortage of help here for E1.31, went that route when my wife bought me an AlphaPix 16 for my birthday last year.  Then at the OKC mini I got a sweet deal on a Falcon 16 V2 (with a 16 output daughter board for a total of 32 outputs).  The previous owner bought a V3.  Next year I will move it all over to its own isolated network (it's running now as is and I don't believe in changing anything mid show).  Did the pictures help as far as how the hardware is hooked up?

yes absolutely, thanks!! now im trying to get a friend over to get up on my second story to install heavy duty hooks to attach guy rope to to support the load of the weight and then "click" it into the window frames

14 hours ago, brichi said:

this kit may be perfect to get and test before I go all out

http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75&products_id=461

I saw that too and had pretty much the same thought that you did.  Turns out it's sold out.  No info on expected return.

exactly, sucks

I've been buying individual, just order cables and asked RayWu to send me 4 panels. Just waiting on Hanson electronics to tell me if they have the BBB and octoscrolla in stock

I'm on the road for a few days.  Once you get all the pieces ordered, can you send me a list.  This thread is moving so fast it's going to be hard to keep up...

Thanks

Thank you.

BTW, my wife and I spent almost 6 hours driving today.  Had a long discussion about next year.  Got a green light for everything I was thinking of doing, so the P10s are gonna happen!

As I tell people, it is so much easier to decide what you want to change, when you can look at this year's display.  I figure I have the following year pretty well planned out prior to the current year's show ending.  I also want to be able to start sequencing (or at build the Visualizer changes) in February.  Next year may be more involved assuming that the SuperStar integration is improved in S5 as I will have to change a bunch of stuff to make that migration.  I have been playing with S5 beta versions, but had no intention of moving my 2017 show to S5.  However I assume I will move to S5 by the time I start 2018 sequencing...

same here, I like having the ideas now, little by little buy so u don't feel it all at once and then work on it in the summer outside for me when its 80-90 degrees and not 20 lol

22 hours ago, brichi said:

is that all aluminum you used for the frame? trying to look at best options to encase the panel

the guy that built mine for me ordered it from Ray Wu.

• Like 1

I have considered building a p10 matrix but wasn't sure if LOR could control it. It looks like now I see that it can. Hopefully I will have one for 2018!!!

Im hoping LOR can too, hopefully i get everything in next week, right now all i have is the beaglebone, still waiting on the P10 panels and the octoscroller

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brichi said:

Im hoping LOR can too, hopefully i get everything in next week, right now all i have is the beaglebone, still waiting on the P10 panels and the octoscroller

Keep us posted on your build and how everything goes please. Thanks

9 hours ago, brichi said:

did you order the boscoyo brackets and the ribbon cables?

I'm considering building a P10 panel to replace my holiday Coro Singing Trees.

This will be my third P10 panel in the show. 

By using a P10 panel I'll have the option of putting up whatever face I choose to match the music that I'm playing instead of being stuck with just the 4 images of trees. 

If you're going to go with the beaglebone definitely use Dan's image. 

He made some improvements to His Image which allows you to limit the outputs to only what you have connected so that you can maximize your refresh rate. 

It also has support for P5 panels and other scan rates other than 1/8. 

Edited by Ebuechner