Light-O-Rama Forums

My 2 cents about Papagayo

Dizman

This is how I do things.

1) First of all I had to try a couple different versions before one worked correctly for me. http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

I'm using 1.3.5.3 Papagayo Mod

There's also link to videos there also.

2)When I launch Papagayo I first pick a song (after I convert the mp3 to WAV in Audacity)

3) I paste the lyrics from the internet and then click "breakdown"

4) I then select 25 FPS. And if the song is longer than 3 minutes or so I hit the "-" button to zoom out one or two times. This will allow you to do a longer song.

5) Once done I export the voice to the Moho Switch dat file.

6) I then launch PapagayotoLOR and Load Exported voice

7)The first time you run PapagayotoLOR you have to set up your configuration. If you save your config you don't have to worry about that again.

8)I have "String" selected and always check "trim leading space first"

9) Next is to Export voice to LOR clipboard. This should be saved under Light-O-Rama and then Clipboards.

10) Next I launch Sequence editor and open the song

11) Then, on the left side  of Sequence editor , under Clipboards, click on Load clipboard and slect the correct .lcb file.

12) The select the clipboard in Sequence editor.

13) the next part is key and a pain in the ass to get right. Select Edit then Set paste mode and then select stretch to fit.

14)Then you need to select the five correct rows for the face movements and a start time and stop time by using the shift key or drawing a box. You then paste into the right time.

15) Because the words usually never start right at the beginning of the file or finish at the end it's a pain to get the starting and ending time right. But because you have the saved clipboard selected you can just keep tweaking your pasting positions and eventually get it right.

16) If you don't use visualizer you should. It helps to see if it's timed right.

17)Lastly I do the outline and eyes

18) Good luck

19) Don't forget to select paste mode back to paste by cell when you're done

So happy you posted this!  I knew nothing about papagayo until someone mentioned it in an email.  "Something I need to look up and research," I thought.  Now, here this post is.  THANK YOU!  Gives me a GREAT place to start and experiment!

Now, to get singing trees!  ;-)

• Like 1

I ended up using a combination of Papagayo 2.0b1 and 1.3.5.3. Took some work to be able us 2.0, but have 1.3.5.3 in place for PapagayotoLOR to work properly. I didn't really have the issue you had in 15. I was able to paste right from the start of the sequence. Wish there was a way to copy/paste for sections that repeat (the chorus) so you didn't have to do it multiple times. Otherwise, a tedious, but rewarding process.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 8:35 AM, dgrusty said:

I ended up using a combination of Papagayo 2.0b1 and 1.3.5.3. Took some work to be able us 2.0, but have 1.3.5.3 in place for PapagayotoLOR to work properly. I didn't really have the issue you had in 15. I was able to paste right from the start of the sequence. Wish there was a way to copy/paste for sections that repeat (the chorus) so you didn't have to do it multiple times. Otherwise, a tedious, but rewarding process.

Best way to avoid the wasted time it takes to produce the repeated chorus (as long as it is exactly the same)

Bunch it all together in that segment and skip it. Bunching it will allow you to identify it after pasting into SE. Then you just delete that portion in SE (off) and copy/ paste from the good chorus.

Hope this helped. Once you get really good and understand how it all works dump papagayo.

You can also just leave it out of the original music sheet where a repetitive chorus is not even written to the papagayo timeline. However sometimes it can make it confusing.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Thanks 2

I've been busy but figured Id share something that came across my screen a little while ago after reviewing someone's work for them.

Remember that when you review anything produced with papagayo or without software assistance (manually) you are sequencing to how the word actually sounds in the song and not how it is spelled.

I see a lot of words like "song" where the person will use the "O" mouth. In this case if you are using the standard lip/ mouth movements the "E. Vowel, Wide" or whatever technique you learned from should be used. The "O" mouth is used as words with the long "O" and long "U" sounds and in some cases words that sound like "Boy".

Just keep that in mind while reviewing your papagayo created voice sequences or if manually producing them.

When I produces We Know the Way, Despacito and some others I used multiple techniques combined. YouTube videos, online free Spanish pronunciation assistance as well as the written lyrics. Papagayo would have been next to impossible to do either of those since most of the words would not have been recognized.

Best of luck.

JR

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2017 at 6:54 PM, Dizman said:

This is how I do things.

1) First of all I had to try a couple different versions before one worked correctly for me. http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

I'm using 1.3.5.3 Papagayo Mod

There's also link to videos there also.

2)When I launch Papagayo I first pick a song (after I convert the mp3 to WAV in Audacity)

3) I paste the lyrics from the internet and then click "breakdown"

4) I then select 25 FPS. And if the song is longer than 3 minutes or so I hit the "-" button to zoom out one or two times. This will allow you to do a longer song.

5) Once done I export the voice to the Moho Switch dat file.

6) I then launch PapagayotoLOR and Load Exported voice

7)The first time you run PapagayotoLOR you have to set up your configuration. If you save your config you don't have to worry about that again.

8)I have "String" selected and always check "trim leading space first"

9) Next is to Export voice to LOR clipboard. This should be saved under Light-O-Rama and then Clipboards.

10) Next I launch Sequence editor and open the song

11) Then, on the left side  of Sequence editor , under Clipboards, click on Load clipboard and slect the correct .lcb file.

12) The select the clipboard in Sequence editor.

13) the next part is key and a pain in the ass to get right. Select Edit then Set paste mode and then select stretch to fit.

14)Then you need to select the five correct rows for the face movements and a start time and stop time by using the shift key or drawing a box. You then paste into the right time.

15) Because the words usually never start right at the beginning of the file or finish at the end it's a pain to get the starting and ending time right. But because you have the saved clipboard selected you can just keep tweaking your pasting positions and eventually get it right.

16) If you don't use visualizer you should. It helps to see if it's timed right.

17)Lastly I do the outline and eyes

18) Good luck

19) Don't forget to select paste mode back to paste by cell when you're done

#15 is  self induced pain. 

The words always do start right where they should.   You are incorrectly checking the 'trim' in #8    

The trim leading space is why you have to guess where to paste the clipboard.     Leave the leading space in and paste by time into the first cell. 

The option is helpful if and only if you must paste in the middle because you have split the audio file into sections. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

#15 is  self induced pain. 

The words always do start right where they should.   You are incorrectly checking the 'trim' in #8    

The trim leading space is why you have to guess where to paste the clipboard.     Leave the leading space in and paste by time into the first cell. 

The option is helpful if and only if you must paste in the middle because you have split the audio file into sections. 

Bob- great mention there. And yes, the pain is highly noticeable in the majority of the "free" stuff floating around.

You all should know, Bob is the papagayo guru so you should take notes. As mentioned before any of the other "youtube" videos out there are simply wastes of time.

JR

• Thanks 1