Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 in E1.31 Mode w/ LOR Network: Works in network test, not SE

arizonalighting

I am trying to get my new pixcon16 to play along with a LOR network, using E1.31 mode (some of my existing controllers are older, so 500K is not possible). I have the LOR network connected and working on the RS485, and the computer and pixcon16 are connected through a router. 

In Network Configurator, I can see, configure and successfully test the pixcon16. However, when I try to control the pixcon16 in sequence editor, nothing happens. The LOR network channels play fine, but the pixcon16 doesn't do anything. I setup the Pixcon16 to start on universe 10, with one universe per port and 50 pixels. I then added the device in sequence editor and created the corresponding channels. I have double and triple checked and they look the same. 

I've been searching all over the forum and online for an answer, and have not found anything. What am I missing? 

Thank you for the suggestions. I went and checked, and I'm almost positive the pixcon has been added to Network (It showed up in Network configurator, I set it up, and clicked the automatically apply settings prompt). I did have the LOR Control Panel running, but still nothing. Here is where it gets interesting. In checking your suggestions, I started taking screenshots of the settings to share and the only thing I changed was the pixel type from to WS2811/WS2812 to WS2801 (since the manual said WS2801 are standard LOR Pixes/Bulbs)... that didn't work, so I changed it back. The next time I opened sequence editor and hit play, all of the sudden for the first time the pixels started working. 

I'm happy and disappointed at the same time. Happy because I got to see my pixels work for the first time, but disappointed because I still don't really know why they weren't working. I've attached a compilation of different screenshots to show my settings, which I think are all alright. 

The only explanation I can think of is 1.) Some glitch was preventing them from working and changing pixels types back and forth fixed it. 2.) While taking screenshots I ended up opening the right program(s) needed for the pixels to work. So even though control panel was running, I did end up with Comm Listener window actually open. Perhaps that was it?

Thanks again for your help, and if you have an idea of what I did or didn't do correctly, let me know. See attached image for reference. 

net-conf.jpg

Glad you got it working.  The Comm Listener will start as soon as you start the Control Panel - however it starts minimized, so you may have missed it.

One note on your screen captures.  Better off to make individual captures than trying to put them all together as you did.  Although it looks pretty, it's mostly too small to read.  Compare this:

NetworkConfiguration_4.3.26.png

BTW, this capture has nothing to do with this discussion.  I only used it because I had used this one for a different thread the the link to it was still in my copy buffer, so it took nothing more than <ctrl-V> to paste it...  I'm lazy and I admit it.

In your Network configuration (far left) you have DHCP.  That can allow the IP to change, then your setting in the top, will no longer be valid).

I also noticed in the network config shot that they posted that they have each port assigned a different  ip address. The entire pixocon controller is supposed to be assigned a ip address so each port 10-25 should have the same ip address as the pixcon.

Edited by Mr. P

• The topic was locked