Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Tree On Aux A Network Not Running During Show

chowell

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I wonder if the issue is the option does not show up unless you have a Pro level software license.  Remember that enhanced network requires a Pro level license.

Now that’s a possibility and I forgot to ask since all lights blink.

I will ask the member from today as I await his pic of the screen

As far as port goes, wouldn't the Comm 4 have to be correct if it works in the hardware utility?  Anybody know what firmware has to be installed for it to work?  I went in to the network config and check enhanced on Comm 4 Aux A.  Nothing happened but I will say the show is currently running so I probably have to restart.  If I remember correctly from earlier I saw firmware versions 1.07 and 1.17 on my controllers I think.  

Correct for HU however if it’s not in your NP and or config it wouldn’t work.

This is the most common mistake. Thinking because it works in HU it should work on show.

I like to think of HU as being a pipeline straight to he controller itself. 

JR

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

I wonder if the issue is the option does not show up unless you have a Pro level software license.  Remember that enhanced network requires a Pro level license.

I just received the email with screenshot. I think it solved my problem.

His screenshot says "simple LOR Network". I have asked him to select the "advanced tab" hopefully this is the fix and he can see "enhanced" option box.

Thank you for your patience and time. I have never seen this "simple LOR Network" screen.

Y'all can beat on me now, UPS already has with their disrespect of my property and lights. 

JR

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

His screenshot says "simple LOR Network". I have asked him to select the "advanced tab" hopefully this is the fix and he can see "enhanced" option box.

Thank you for your patience and time. I have never seen this "simple LOR Network" screen.

Bingo!  Did not even think about the simple config screen.  I have always used the Advanced.  Just brought it up and confirmed.  Duh!

6 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Bingo!  Did not even think about the simple config screen.  I have always used the Advanced.  Just brought it up and confirmed.  Duh!

Exactly, something so easy but I never seen it and with it not being like the advance look I wasn't concerned with anything other than "apply" in the right margin. Glad I posted because it was starting to bother me esp. when I probably came off as being sarcastic or something toward you, I did not mean any ill intention. I was simply being inquisitive sine all of us could see the enhanced but those I helped couldn't. Didn't make any sense until I saw the picture and asked him to select the tab and there it was. "Enhanced"

Anyway thank you to everybody for helping with this. As a team we figured it out.

Merry Christmas

JR

I missed that also, haven't used the "simple config screen" forever. When I posted in the thread below, I even included a picture for people to press the "Advanced" button to ensure they would see the Enhanced box. It's good to get other eyes on the issue.

Alan...

7 minutes ago, default said:

I missed that also, haven't used the "simple config screen" forever. When I posted in the thread below, I even included a picture for people to press the "Advanced" button to ensure they would see the Enhanced box. It's good to get other eyes on the issue.

Alan...

I was beginning to think I needed just one more drink before he sent that pic. I have asked several others for the pic but no one ever followed through. This time though when he asked if there was anything he could do for me after fixing his config and getting his lights blinking my reply "please send me the screen shot of the NP tabs". Thank god he came through.

I just relooked at your pic, the problem was I asked "what do you see in the NP tabs" he repeated verbatim what he was looking at. I failed to have him start from very top of the page. "simple" may have been the key word.

Alan- where do you host your pics to get them loaded and posted so quick?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

20 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Alan- where do you host your pics to get them loaded and posted so quick?

I have an web space on godaddy. I just create a screenshot, ftp it to the server, then copy the link into the forum.

Alan...

• Like 1

I do the same thing with screenshots except they are on my own server.  If I’m at home I can save a file directly on the web server - takes a little longer if I’m doing it from somewhere else.

13 hours ago, chowell said:

As far as port goes, wouldn't the Comm 4 have to be correct if it works in the hardware utility?  Anybody know what firmware has to be installed for it to work?  I went in to the network config and check enhanced on Comm 4 Aux A.  Nothing happened but I will say the show is currently running so I probably have to restart.  If I remember correctly from earlier I saw firmware versions 1.07 and 1.17 on my controllers I think.  

Like we said before, ignore the HU, take the cord and RS-485 and plug it in while you have device manager/ports open. If it comes up as comm 5, change your network preferences to reflect this, it will save you tons of headaches....

here's how to do it...

Edited by oilmoney

COM 3' are not set in stone, thus the reason for discovering which are used by LOR adapters.

They get assigned the first time a NEW 'COM' class device gets connected.

My Laptop has a built in Modem. COM3

I used my bosses 2 port RS232 dongle: COM4,5

I got my own COM6,7

then I attached2 @  LOR COM8,9

(there are ways in Device Manager, to re-assign thos...but lets not open those cans of worms ;) )

Folks.....Folks.....Folks......Merry Christmas!  Thanks for all the input here.  I now have the CCR tree running in the sequences so I'm hoping it will run during the show tonight.  I think that it will.  The solution here was the firmware on all the CCR controllers had to be updated.  I had some running 1.07 and some running 1.17.  Upgrading to 1.19 did the trick.  I had all settings correct across the board but that stinking firmware was the issue to make it run using the pixel editor.  Thank you all again.

Corey

55 minutes ago, chowell said:

Folks.....Folks.....Folks......Merry Christmas!  Thanks for all the input here.  I now have the CCR tree running in the sequences so I'm hoping it will run during the show tonight.  I think that it will.  The solution here was the firmware on all the CCR controllers had to be updated.  I had some running 1.07 and some running 1.17.  Upgrading to 1.19 did the trick.  I had all settings correct across the board but that stinking firmware was the issue to make it run using the pixel editor.  Thank you all again.

Corey

I'd run a show on demand just to be sure.