Light-O-Rama Forums

Just starting

Duckingwork

null.gifok so been in the plug an play game for a while decided to try this this year and love it .i have a few questions about rgb light  

1. my house is 50’ long and all I can find is 16.5 ft of cosmic ribbon so do I need to put a 120 v every 16.5.

2. I am looking to build so sit faces can they be done with cosmic smart pixels  

3. How  can I put up   A video of my  show it will not load my site url I am on zemfolio.com

i a sure I will have more questions just can’t think of any nownull.gif

10 hours ago, Duckingwork said:

null.gifok so been in the plug an play game for a while decided to try this this year and love it .i have a few questions about rgb light  

1. my house is 50’ long and all I can find is 16.5 ft of cosmic ribbon so do I need to put a 120 v every 16.5.

3. How  can I put up   A video of my  show it will not load my site url I am on zemfolio.com

Think a 'T' for AC power. Power (controller feed) in center .  ALSO remember:The controller and PSU are not weather resistant. You must protect them from rain.

12V RGB (dumb) can easily go to 10M (33') a leg, just avoid a voltage drop (use fatter wire gauge) if the controller is not local.

12V smart pixels can also handle that (33') BUT not the CCR/B controller+PSU.  A Pixie series controller can (there is a LOR limit of 100 px per port) and it supports a bigger PSU (sold separately), up to 30A per bank

On 12/10/2017 at 11:51 PM, Duckingwork said:

Your going to have LOTS of questions.  We all do!  Let me try and answer each question:

1. You wouldn't inject 120V power each 16.5 feet.  You would inject power from a 5V or 12V power supply when needed (giving 120V power to 5V or 12V pixels will surely release the magic smoke).

2. I assume your wanting to build singing faces.  You COULD use pixels if you wanted to but most people just use cheap LED light strands with a face template.  Pixels, although the right way to go as much as possible, are still expensive (if not the actual pixel, the controller to run it might be).

3. Although I've never done it, you can click on the "Insert other media" button located on the lower right of the window you use to reply with and there is an option to insert image from URL.  Give it the URL to your video and I think that would work.

Welcome to the hobby, obsession, whatever you want to call it.