Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Configuration - HELP!

jrcarlton

I'm having some difficulty with my channel configuration.  I have attached a PDF of my channel configuration; the problem seems to be in the Pixie2s and CCB100.  There seems to be additional devices in the configuration, but I cannot seem to get rid of them. Any assistance would be appreciated.  My display seems to be running all over itself and I cannot seem to get the sequences straight to the configuration.  Thanks in advance ... Jerry

I have the following devices:

01 - CMB24D Ver 1.05
02 - 16PC-G3 Ver 1.08
03 - 16PC-G3 Ver 1.08
04 - 16PC-G3 Ver 1.08
05 - CR150D Ver 1.19
06 - CR150D Ver 1.19
07 - CR150D Ver 1.19
08 - CR150D Ver 1.19
09 - CMB24D Ver 1.05
0A - CMB24D Ver 1.05
0B - F50RGB Ver 1.05
0C - F50RGB Ver 1.05
0D - F50RGB Ver 1.05
0E - F50RGB Ver 1.05
17 - CMB24D Ver 1.05
30 - Pixie4 Ver 1.02
34 - Pixie4 Ver 1.02
40 - CCB100 - Ver 1.21
60 - Pixie2 - Ver 1.03
62 - Pixie2 - Ver 1.03
64 - Pixie2 - Ver 1.03
66 - Pixie2 - Ver 1.03

LORSequenceEditor (Channel Config).pdf

Edited by jrcarlton
Posted in error without completing input of content

Ok so if you go into SE and click on tools in upper left corner you can go down to channel config. Then on the bottom you can delete controller. Just don't forget to save you new config, or it may be export config, can't remember

38 minutes ago, jrcarlton said:

I receive the following error, "Component channels cannot be removed from RGB channels"

I don't think you drilled down far enough. Once the channel config tool is open, you select the controller from the list. Then use the button at the bottom

• Like 1

I assume you ran the verifier software to get a listing of what channels are conflicting with each other in your display?  That should give you a clue as to what you probably set up wrong with your channels and unit ids.

Going through your PDF list I see several issues. 

The first is that (not including the backup channels at the bottom of the list), you have 5,306 channels on a single network.  Even if everything is 500K speed capable (which it appears that they are), that is A LOT of channels for single network.

I just went through your PDF, and you have massive issues with channel conflicts.  A lot of your issues are with your Pixie controllers.  It would appear that you have multiple strings on most of the Pixie's but you have the same ID listed for the multiple strings.  You logically spaced out the ID numbers as you should, but assigned all the channels to the same IDs.  each string on a Pixie has it's own ID number.  I'm going to go through the errors I caught by Unit ID (based on the info you gave in your first post).  The number ranges in parenthesis are the line numbers shown in the PDF.

01 - 0E all look OK.

17 is listed as a CMB24D, but you have a string of 50 pixel (3619 - 3768), and a string of 100 pixels (4369 - 4668), in addition to the 24 channels - 8 RGB (5283 - 5306).

18 is not listed but has a string of 100 pixels (4669 - 4968).

30 (Pixie 4) has a string of 100 pixels (2869 - 3168), and a string of 50 pixels (3169 - 3318) both with ID 30.

34 (Pixie 4) has a string of 50 pixels (3319 - 3468), and a string of 100 pixels (3769 - 4068) both with ID 34.

40 (CCB100) has a string of 50 pixels (3469 - 3618), a string of 100 pixels (4069 - 4368), and 100 CCBs with their macro channels (4969 - 5282) all with ID 40.

60 (Pixie 2) has a string of 100 pixels (769 - 1068) - OK

62 (Pixie 2) has two strings of 100 pixels (1069 - 1368 and 1369 - 1668) both with ID 62.

64 (Pixie 2) has two strings of 100 pixels (1669 - 1968 and 1969 - 2268) both with ID 64.

66 (Pixie 2) has two strings of 100 pixels (2269 - 2568 and 2569 - 2868) both with ID 66.

Obviously the CMB24D that has ID 17 can't have pixels on it.  The CCB controller also can't have two strings of pixels on it in addition to the two strings of CCBs.  Except for 60 which only has one string, all of the Pixie controllers have multiple strings with the same ID used for the multiple strings on that Pixie.

Based on your original post, I gather that some of the duplicates are not supposed to be there.  Since there are presumably REAL channels on the same IDs, you can't simply delete controller in the channel configuration as you would also delete your real channels.  Easiest way to delete a block of channels in SE is to find the first channel you want to delete, right click on it and select "Convert to group".  In the popup box, the channel you selected should be listed as the "First in group" and "Last in group".  Change the "Last in group", to the last channel in the block that you want to delete.  Don't worry about naming the group.  Then click "Create Group".  Then right click on the newly created group, and select "Delete Channel Group List".  A popup will ask to confirm that you really want to do so - click "Yes".  Repeat this procedure for each block of errant channels.  Once completed, SAVE the file.  In fact, better yet is to save after every one or two deletions WITH A NEW FILENAME EACH TIME.  That way you can go back to an earlier version if you realize that you deleted too much.  Once you KNOW that you have it right, you can delete the extra save versions.

Jim ... This was a huge help.  Based on your feedback I was able to rebuild the channel configuration. Everything seems to be working, but I think there are still a items off.

I'm not familiar with separating to multiple networks; I'm still very much a rookie with the setup. 

I have a new issue actually, 1 controller (Pixie 4 - Unit ID 30) simply stopped connecting to the network.  I can no longer see it on the network and the status light is flashing. I've attempted to reset it, but I still cannot seem to get it connected.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance.

Jerry

LORSequenceEditor (Channel Config Update).pdf

1 hour ago, jrcarlton said:

Jim ... This was a huge help.  Based on your feedback I was able to rebuild the channel configuration. Everything seems to be working, but I think there are still a items off.

Thank you for the feedback.  It's why I am willing to spend 45 minutes coming up with an answer to someone's problem...

I'm not familiar with separating to multiple networks; I'm still very much a rookie with the setup. 

Multiple networks are really pretty simple, but you do have to have either an Advanced or Pro level LOR software license.  You would also need a second USB - RS-485 adapter.  Hint, buy two so you have a spare.  Likely the most important spare item to have, and one of the least expensive.  If you go that route and can't figure it out, just ask.

I have a new issue actually, 1 controller (Pixie 4 - Unit ID 30) simply stopped connecting to the network.  I can no longer see it on the network and the status light is flashing. I've attempted to reset it, but I still cannot seem to get it connected.

If the status light on that controller is blinking, it is not seeing the LOR network.  I'm going to guess that it's the last controller on the cable.  Check connections on it,and the controller before it.  First make sure the cables are fully plugged in.  If that does not help, unplug the cables and visually inspect the jacks on the controller.  You are looking for bent or crossed pins.  Again, if it is the last controller on the network, try the other jack on the controller.  If it's not the end of the cable path, different stuff to check.

Off my front yard to watch my show for a bit and chat with people watching...

Jim,

It looks like there is something else going on with that one Pixie4.  It's in the middle of the network and the controllers on either side are working and seeing network.  I've disconnected it to test it directly as the only device using the hardware utility; no success.  I cannot get it to be recognized.

I may need to open a trouble ticket to get this one figured out.

Jerry