Light-O-Rama Forums

Gen3 Mini Director timer question

hoosierdoc

I have the uMP3g3 and was hoping to run my shows off of this but just realized I need an external timer for it. I'm doing a simple 16-channel setup right now so just one controller. The manual shows a standard wall timer as the graphic to represent an external timer, is that all that's needed? If I set the show to auto play, when the timer comes on and powers the controller will the show just start running? I'm doing all LEDs so I'm guessing I can plug both sides of my controller unit into a splitter and plug that into the simple wall timer.

for next year I plan to use the G3-MP3 director.

Is this a reasonable plan for a small show where I don't want to have a laptop connected?

Got it all up and running today :wub:

i have it set to run as soon as it gets power and a simple outdoor wall timer. No speaker yet.

Funny little aside, I had about 20s sequenced of the first song and about two mins of the second. The first would play just fine but I couldn't get the second sequence to start. Redid the card a few times. Tried that sequence on its own and it did fine. But wouldn't start as the second sequence in the show 

then I realized it was probably finishing the four mins of the first song I didn't sequence yet :huh:

so I set a stopwatch on my phone and waited. Sure enough, right on  cue the second sequence started. Heh.

4 hours ago, hoosierdoc said:

Got it all up and running today :wub:

i have it set to run as soon as it gets power and a simple outdoor wall timer. No speaker yet.

Funny little aside, I had about 20s sequenced of the first song and about two mins of the second. The first would play just fine but I couldn't get the second sequence to start. Redid the card a few times. Tried that sequence on its own and it did fine. But wouldn't start as the second sequence in the show 

then I realized it was probably finishing the four mins of the first song I didn't sequence yet :huh:

so I set a stopwatch on my phone and waited. Sure enough, right on  cue the second sequence started. Heh.

use Audacity (it's free) to cut the song down to match sequence.