Light-O-Rama Forums

Image positioning

service call

After I create an image and insert it into the sequence, it enters from a side and moves on its own. I would like to extend this movement or change it.

How do I position this image? I see the x, y  boxes and have played with them but I guess I don’t know what part of the image the coordinates are using for the positioning. 

Also, is their a way to resize an image without redrawing the image? 

An image action has a start x,y position and an end x,y position.  The x,y location in the upper left corner of the sequencing grid that the image was drawn in. In other words, location 0,0 will place the image in the same place as where you drew it.

Note that x position 0 is at the left edge of the sequencing grid and increases as you go to the right.

y position 0 is at the top of the sequencing grid and increases as you go downward.

Also, if you want the image to "sit still" then make the start location equal to the end location.

You cannot "resize" an image once it is in the image list. But you can click on the "manipulate selected image" button and flip it left-right, up-down, or rotate it in 90 degree increments.

If you import an image from a .jpg file or some other image file, you can rotate and/or enlarge or shrink the image until you get it how you want, then you can "set grid bitmap from image file" and then add it to the image list. 

Thanks. I noticed that some x and y positions were negative numbers. I think that is what’s throwing me off. 

So, is the x and y 0,0 positions, the top of the image or the first pixel, or a different point?

Edit, I just reread your response and now I understand what the negitive positioning numbers are  referring to. I guess I’ll just have to practice a little more. 

Edited by service call
Reread response

0,0 is the top left point of the image containing the image as you drew it. In other words, placing an image at location 0,0 will place the image in the same place as where you drew it on the sequencing grid.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 3:21 PM, service call said:

Thanks. I noticed that some x and y positions were negative numbers. I think that is what’s throwing me off. 

Negative x,y positions simply mean the image is starting somewhere off the "page" of your display or prop.  For example, to start an image one pixel to the left of the start of a 30 pixel wide matrix, the starting x would be -29.  If the ending x is 0, then the image moves across the matrix, with the image as you drew it (at least on the x axis).

Repeat for y values, to bring an image down a prop (e.g., a matrix).  The beginning y would be negative.

• Like 1