Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR50WRGB Flood Problems

jamills706

I have an LOR 50W RGB Flood...actually I have 6 of them but only one is giving me fits!

I have it sequenced to do a series of fades from one color to another as it simply casts light across my landscape and several airblowns. Attached to the same network is a 16X25 LOR Pixel Tree and 8 mini-trees made from hardware cloth with CCP-50pixels strings on them in a spiral fashion.

The 16X25 Tree and all 8 mini trees behave just as I'd expect (in other words, they do what I told them to do!). The Flood light was doing what I told it to do but I had a long delay between the end of my animation sequence and the restart of it. I finally realized that I had blank space on the end of my sequence (done in the Sequence Editor). So I pulled it back up and trimmed off the end of the sequence using the Change Total Time commend.

The 16X25 Tree and the 8 mini trees continue to behave as I expect - but - the RGB Flood has a mind of its own!!! Sometimes it is off all together other times it stay either yellow or green for long periods of time, once I noted that it was shining red for a long time....but mostly it stays yellow. The sequence has it changing pretty frequently so this is just completely weird.

Anyone have any ideas what I could have screwed up simply by shortening the sequence?

57 minutes ago, jamills706 said:

I have an LOR 50W RGB Flood...actually I have 6 of them but only one is giving me fits!

I have it sequenced to do a series of fades from one color to another as it simply casts light across my landscape and several airblowns. Attached to the same network is a 16X25 LOR Pixel Tree and 8 mini-trees made from hardware cloth with CCP-50pixels strings on them in a spiral fashion.

The 16X25 Tree and all 8 mini trees behave just as I'd expect (in other words, they do what I told them to do!). The Flood light was doing what I told it to do but I had a long delay between the end of my animation sequence and the restart of it. I finally realized that I had blank space on the end of my sequence (done in the Sequence Editor). So I pulled it back up and trimmed off the end of the sequence using the Change Total Time commend.

The 16X25 Tree and the 8 mini trees continue to behave as I expect - but - the RGB Flood has a mind of its own!!! Sometimes it is off all together other times it stay either yellow or green for long periods of time, once I noted that it was shining red for a long time....but mostly it stays yellow. The sequence has it changing pretty frequently so this is just completely weird.

Anyone have any ideas what I could have screwed up simply by shortening the sequence?

I have a couple of those floods last year had a similar problem. Turned out to be a bad cable when it would lose the signal it would stay on the last color . Replaced cat 5 cable problem went away .

I use mine year-round as landscape lights. Once I forgot to reset one flood back to sequence mode and left it on standalone. It does not like receiving two sets of commands... Don't know if you use them both ways - but if so, double check settings..

• The topic was locked