Light-O-Rama Forums

Help! Getting Error "Cannot Open File..." in Show Player

chowell

I have to switch back to my computer that I used to run the shows last year because my new one is giving me fits.  I have everything updated appropriately I believe.  In the hardware utility everything looks right...controllers being recognized, etc.  When I open the sequence editor and play a sequence, the lights are being controlled properly including my pixels on my E1.31 controllers.  I did not change the name of the folder or location of my saved files.  When I enable the shows, the red light bulb for the control panel goes blue like it should.  However, when the show tries to start, nothing happens and I get an error message in the log "cannot open file...." for every song.  What am I missing?  I just updated to version 4.3.26 today as well.

Corey

Edited by chowell

First thing I would do is make sure each song in your show plays correctly using the Sequence Editor.  Maybe your songs aren't linked to the audio correctly or something like that since you switched computers.

Everything checks out there.  When I play each sequence separately in the editor they play fine and lights are controlled correctly.  Just getting the error "cannot open file..." in the player log that opens when the show is enabled. 

Corey

Create a new fresh show file in the show editor and when you add the sequences using the + button make sure you are adding the sequences from the right folder.

Save the file and try to run it on demand and then try scheduling the new show file.