Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor and SuperStar Sequencer combo?

hoosierdoc

As I keep starting my posts with, I'm new into this but trying to ramp up quickly. I'm going to start with LED lights and some smart pixel strands. I've got my white LED arches doing what I want in SE and have a star in SuperStar doing what I want there, but I haven't purchased a license for SS yet. Eventually I'll have a pixel tree and it looks like SS is the way to go for editing that, correct? Just trying to see which license I'll need.

Also, if doing a pixel matrix should I be using pixel editor for that? I want to do a jumbotron style display.

Finally, how I do merge everything into a single show? I have the same audio file loaded into SE and SS, once I buy a license is it easy to merge them? I read somewhere you can only have one musical sequence in a show which worries me since both my SE and SS files have an audio track merged. I suppose I could just delete one track when it's done, but just trying to figure it all out.

10 minutes ago, hoosierdoc said:

As I keep starting my posts with, I'm new into this but trying to ramp up quickly. I'm going to start with LED lights and some smart pixel strands. I've got my white LED arches doing what I want in SE and have a star in SuperStar doing what I want there, but I haven't purchased a license for SS yet. Eventually I'll have a pixel tree and it looks like SS is the way to go for editing that, correct? Just trying to see which license I'll need.

Also, if doing a pixel matrix should I be using pixel editor for that? I want to do a jumbotron style display.

Finally, how I do merge everything into a single show? I have the same audio file loaded into SE and SS, once I buy a license is it easy to merge them? I read somewhere you can only have one musical sequence in a show which worries me since both my SE and SS files have an audio track merged. I suppose I could just delete one track when it's done, but just trying to figure it all out.

You are over thinking using both programs. If you get SS license enough for your matrix and tree you can work on both of those sequences there. Once done you "export" the files over to SE which may or may not require some copy paste but its simple.

The music file in SS will not interfere with the music in SE as long as you use the same song in both programs. If you mistakenly use a different song length or something in either programs yes you will have sequencing syncing problems.

You can so both of those props in PE as well however I do not use PE. I use SS. Some people like PE and some like SS, its a matter of choice and budget.

SE runs your show, everything goes through SE.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Thanks 1

You should download the demo  version of Suerstarlights first  before you buy it, if your having trouble using the Pixel Editor   Superstar  is a little harder to use then PE.

• The topic was locked