Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on??

mavrick331

I'm into week 2 of my show, this morning I walked out the door to head to work and I have about a fifth of my lights (about 8k) dim to almost fully lit.  I have seen this on a few string in past years but nothing like this!! 

Any clue what's causing this?  It did get cold with rain all day yesterday here..

Thanks,

Rick

If they come on when you plug in the controller and the show is not running then you have more then likely blown a triac if they are ac controllers or mosfet if they are 12v controllers.

Was it raining  or something cause a short?

This happened to me about 2 weeks ago with my neighbors house. My show runs a 2 house display using easy light linkers for my neighbors house. I noticed odd feedback in his lights about 5 am one morning and snapped a picture of it. Only a small portion of his roof lights were doing it (toward the ends of the light strands) while the controller was indeed off. It had rained in middle of the night but the show had already ended and the timers had turned off power to the controller and lights long before the rain. I just assumed it is an electrical issue like a crossed hot and neutral in his house wiring somewhere. They use to call it feedback but now that you posted it I am beginning to wonder. The controller is brand new so not sure if that is related in any way but the odd part is all power was off and the timer was off as well. Only the very top of his roof was showing it. The photo makes it look much brighter than it really was but I found it odd as only the roof was doing it and no power was on but nothing on my house or my 3 controllers were doing it. Here is a photo of it. It's odd because the deer on his roof are not even on the controller. Just an extension cord into the timer for 6 hours nightly. Has not done it since so somehow the rain or heavy fog the next morning must has done it somehow. Do you have gfci outlets on your controllers? My house has them but his timer has a built in trip circuit. He does not have a gfci outlet where his timer plugs in.

Look real close at the house across the street. Only the very top of the roof has the feedback on the lights. It was wet outside so not sure if that is the reason but I assume it is...

1346.jpg

Mine are all led as well, my controllers are in the garage, only saw about 4 strings with slightly lit this morning.  It has to be in the controllers as none of my lights not in the show exhibit this. 

• The topic was locked