Light-O-Rama Forums

does "background" in editor start after startup?

brichi

Im not home till tonight to see this and wanted to program something quick. I have a startup and background stuff going on in show editor, does the startup sequence run and then background kicks in after or do they both start at the same time?

reason i ask is i have a pixel node net sign that scrolls the Tune To info run in the background the entire 6 hours of the show but i would like to add a countdown in that sign from 10-1 as the show is about to start in the startup sequence. Im afraid if i add it now and the background AND startup both run at the same time then the sign will be trying to do the countdown and the tune to info at the same time and it will obviously look bad

maybe i can schedule in a sequence to play 10 sends before the show all starts, for example at 4:59:50 start a sequence and then at 5:00:00 start the entire show?

Edited by brichi

Background starts immediately.  However I think that if you move the Tune to sequence to the animation tab of the Show Editor, it will start after the startup sequence runs.

tried that too for tonight but the tune to signs on the ground and the scrolling sign are interfering somewhere, blinking like crazy,    I have to figure this out once I get up and can play, for now the show is on and the line is down the block so no testing tonight

Make sure the channels used for the background sequence are removed from all your show sequences. They can only be used in one place. Just delete the background channels from a sequence and export the channel config then import it to the others. I have never used the animation tab but I would think the same applies, can't use those channels on any other sequence.  Background starts first and runs the entire scheduled show time. I belive animation begins after that and runs the entire schedule as well.  Basically, if I understand correctly, background props and animation props can only be used as such and you can't combine the props purpose or you will get conflicting network signals.  I ran into this years back when I first used background to run the tune to signs and garland fence out front.

Chris

• Like 1

• The topic was locked