Light-O-Rama Forums
lyori1

Running a show to live music

I have a small, 5 song, show I would like to run with live music a couple of times.  I've sequenced the show to the recorded tracks.  When we practice the song live the band gets ahead or behind the actual track speed at times.  I understand without a drummer using a click track, it is difficult to avoid.  My question is two fold,

Is there a way in S5 when a song is playing in from the sequencer to simply use my mouse and click a spot on the timeline and have the sequence skip to this location and play from there?   Any suggestions on a better way to run a live show?

About the only way I can think of is to have the band hearing the track via in ear monitors.  That way they should be able to keep better in time.

I did this for my son years ago when he was in a small band playing a song for a talent show. Along with the stage lights I sequenced, I added a couple small lights  on a separate channel and shielded those lights from the audience seeing it so only the band members could see it. Those little lights were timed to the beat of the song. Worked great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lyori1 said:

Interesting idea.  May give that a shot. Thanks for the feedback.  

Keep us posted.😁