Light-O-Rama Forums

controller issues

Jeffery m

Ok guys still have not been able to have a show yet.Why?First off two of my controllers cant be found in HU so I took one of my cat5s off another controller that is found put it on those still not found.Problem#2 when I play a song from my show and/or do a test inHU 40% of my lights wont come on or one minute they do then the next time they dont come on.Here is a example.mmmmm,y#6 controller6.1-6.8 is six bellagio poles that mirror each other and when I turn them on one pole might have channels 1-3-5 out but the third pole has channels2-4-6 out all wired together like I said thoughts advice please

they are all used and all ctb16s most have the green light and a couple have the red lightI dont know how totell what version I have total newbie here.I had some one else ask me to send them one of my sequences to check if it was the config they said everything looked good

How many controllers? Green light means it's on a network, but that doesn't mean it's not mis-configured. Remove all of your controllers except one and start from there. Once you see the first controller in the HU start adding others. 

-Mike

2 minutes ago, Jeffery m said:

what do u mean by network preference

One of the utilities that comes with the software is called Network Preferences.

16 minutes ago, Jeffery m said:

they are all used and all ctb16s most have the green light and a couple have the red lightI dont know how totell what version I have total newbie here.I had some one else ask me to send them one of my sequences to check if it was the config they said everything looked good

red light = gen 2

green LED = gen 3

Do you have the rs485 adapter?

You have to set them up in HU

Since used you don't even know if they work properly

Your license and software version can be seen when you open LOR SE 

JR

1 minute ago, Jeffery m said:

I already did that it finds 8 out of 10

Wow... total newbie and you are starting of with TEN controllers? Nothing like jumping in head first. ;) I've had issues with the actual jack on the controller coming loose, so that could be what's going on with the 2 you can't see. A red light would be a symptom of that. Try wiggling the jack and see if the green light comes on or flickers.

-Mike

As mentioned above, no matter what you think you did you need to start over, from scratch.

Determine your license level first. Different levels enable you to use a different number of controllers.

This isn't your first day here, so slow down take a breath and start anew.

JR

Really sounds like a configuration issue to me also. Did u go into HU and assign each controller a separate #