Light-O-Rama Forums
wicket82

Animator to Preview

I currently use S3 software and use the animator to view\watch my sequence when it's playing. I currently use all LED's (regular AC lights) but I plan on adding a pixel tree next year so I need to upgrade my software. I know that S5 does away with the animator. My question though is there a way to make the preview in S5 look like the animator. For instance I have my leaping arches drawn out in animator as an actual arch (or as closest as you can get to a curve using the boxes). The only option I saw when I was playing around with S5 was the default squares (or stars or triangles or octagons). I don't like that I can only see 8 squares lined up and not the actual arch. My entire roofline is one channel and when I draw it out, I draw the entire roofline (the bottom, sides, and ridge). In S5, this is displayed as a single square. Can I draw all props in the preview to look like they do in the animator in older software?? Thanks in advance

You can import the animation into S5. TheĀ import process creates a preview that looks very similar to your SE animation - except now you can easily change it - add props, move props around, etc.

See pages 10-11 of this presentation:

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/ShowTime5-ModelingYourDisplay-RevA.pdf

Matt