Light-O-Rama Forums

Oh NO!! What Happened to my Pixel Tree

NEWTOUR

Ok so I just go my mounting kit from holiday coro today and when I went to test it out in living room. For some reason it is like it shifted the images too high to the top of my pixel tree. It looked great in Visualizer so I thought I was good to go. Any ideas?????

null pixels in your configuration or the controller?  Double check the preview, are the pixel counts correct?

arnold

Another thing to check, make sure you don't have overlapping channels with another prop.  Often that works in the preview but causes all kinds of weird problems when it comes to controlling real lights.

2 hours ago, NEWTOUR said:

Ok so I just go my mounting kit from holiday coro today and when I went to test it out in living room. For some reason it is like it shifted the images too high to the top of my pixel tree. It looked great in Visualizer so I thought I was good to go. Any ideas?????

What are you testing?

Sorry guys I got sick right after I posted last night. must have been from stressing out. I will go and double check my channel config. I don't have any null pixels, and Dennis I was testing a sequence on the actual lights(first live test) before I went to install the Pixel tree in the yard today after work (was the plan)

Ok so I just verified there are no overlapping channels in configuration. I will go and double check the sequences as well

So the only thing I see in the sequences is two of the three pixel tree sequence I copied from friends that were willing to share. so on two of them they were originally 6 strings of 100 and my setup is 12X 50. the 3rd sequencwe however is 12 X 50 CCR so that one should be no problem to just cut and paste

If nothing else works try creating a new sequence. Open the original sequence NOT the one that is giving you trouble. Then copy and paste into the new sequence. See if that helps. I've had to do that on occasion and it has helped in my situations where things have gone wonky. If you originally did the copy and paste you may have not copied the whole sequence or row COMPLETELY and it is shifting everything up because of missing channels in the sequence that you DIDN'T copy. Also make sure you have "Paste by Time" checked off

Edited by BMurray

Did you build your prop in PE ?     And did you. Zigzag you string in the controller  ?   Are  you injecting power .

If your not using  zigzag. How can you have one string of  150 pixels  50 up 50 down 50 up without. Zigzag ?

I set it up for all strings to start from the bottom. so universe 6 has 1-150 and I set it up as 50 per string. I don't think there is an issue here as the images I can see(lower half) all look correct. am I assuming wrong? Like I mentioned this is my first E682 and Pixel work

Maybe I confused.  Is the string.  One string of 50 pixels or one string. Of 150 pixels . And your using.   E682 for cotroller.  I use  4 of them so very familiar with that controller. 

one string of 50=1-150channels for 1-1(universe 6), sting two of 50 pixels =151-300 channels for 1-2(universe 6),  string 3 of 50 pixels = 301-450 channels for 1-3(universe 6), string 4 of 50 pixels= 1-150 channels for 2-1(universe 7), etc

yes E682 

when you setup your channels for the strings in SE   are you making your 50 pixel string into a group so you have 12 lines to sequence