Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar License

WeissWelsh

I currently have the latest S4 software with 40CCR SuperStar and it's been more than a year since I bought the software or renewed it. 

Some Questions:

#1 -- If I purchase an upgrade of SuperStar from 40CCRs to 80CCRs, will that also renew the license for my S4 software?

#2 -- Does the SuperStar software need to be separately renewed annually like the S4 software, or is that all part of the renewal of the S4 license?

#3 -- Will the SuperStar software be included free in S5 or will it still be something I would be paying $200 for. In other words, I don't want to pay for something that's going to be free later. 

Bob

1) Yes.
2) No.
3) Unknown (by me)

A "renewal" will allow you to license the any future version of the software that is released 1 year from the date of renewal.
An "Upgrade" is going from "Standard" to "Advanced" etc. Any upgrade counts as a renewal as well.

5 hours ago, WeissWelsh said:

#3 -- Will the SuperStar software be included free in S5 or will it still be something I would be paying $200 for. In other words, I don't want to pay for something that's going to be free later. 

Like Don, I don't know, but I would not expect it to change substantially.  In fact I just upgraded my SuperStar license from 6,000 to 9,000 channels a couple weeks ago in prep for changes in my display next year.

• The topic was locked