Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR SET UP

brent

HI so we have a system that was set up we have 17 LOR controller we would plug in a SD card and boom we have lights 

well the guy that would program our card shut down his store and moved taking our SD Card we hooked all of the control boxes back up the same way now trying to fig out how to get the lights to work where to start? I have been reading this for a few days and still cant fig anything out some one want to help please 

You have 17 LOR light controllers?  At this point there isn't enough time for you to learn how to create sequences for that many controllers/lights.  Even if you only had a few light controllers it would be a tough task with so little time before Christmas.  So I strongly suggest buying sequences from the sequence store and the corresponding mp3s from Amazon.  Check out the Sequence Sharing forum too.

1 hour ago, lightingnewb said:

Additionally you're going to need an SD card reader and writer.

Great suggestion/advice.  Also make sure the SD card is Kingston or Lexar since the other brands won't work.

Edited by Speedster

15 hours ago, Speedster said:

You have 17 LOR light controllers?  At this point there isn't enough time for you to learn how to create sequences for that many controllers/lights.  Even if you only had a few light controllers it would be a tough task with so little time before Christmas.  So I strongly suggest buying sequences from the sequence store and the corresponding mp3s from Amazon.  Check out the Sequence Sharing forum too.

I don't think that you can run more than 4 controllers off the mini director, so perhaps he is saying that he has a 2017 LOR conroller?  As someone stated you need the sd reader/writer as well as the kingston sd card of which should be able to be purchased from LOR.

6 minutes ago, JPat said:

I don't think that you can run more than 4 controllers off the mini director, so perhaps he is saying that he has a 2017 LOR conroller?  As someone stated you need the sd reader/writer as well as the kingston sd card of which should be able to be purchased from LOR.

Ah, that makes more sense..... having a 2017 LOR controller, versus having 17 LOR controllers.  But I think miniDirector can handle more than 4 light controllers though, because the online description says "Note that the mini-Director does not have a powerful on-board computer but will usually handle several hundred control channels depending on your sequencing style". 

But even if it's just 1 controller, I still think it's too late in the game to learn how to sequence enough songs considering Christmas is less than 3 weeks away.  So at this point I'd suggest buying some sequences from LOR, mp3s from Amazon, and a Kingston SD card and SD card reader/writer.

1 hour ago, Speedster said:

Ah, that makes more sense..... having a 2017 LOR controller, versus having 17 LOR controllers.  But I think miniDirector can handle more than 4 light controllers though, because the online description says "Note that the mini-Director does not have a powerful on-board computer but will usually handle several hundred control channels depending on your sequencing style". 

But even if it's just 1 controller, I still think it's too late in the game to learn how to sequence enough songs considering Christmas is less than 3 weeks away.  So at this point I'd suggest buying some sequences from LOR, mp3s from Amazon, and a Kingston SD card and SD card reader/writer.

Aaah, you are correct.  I just went back and looked at the site and it says their sequences support up to 64 channels, and I must have just assumed otherwise. 

I thank you for pointing that out as now I have even bigger plans for next year adding arches and firing my palm trees vertically.

Yes, the mini director can handle more than 4 controllers, I have 21 connected to mine (336 channels) and it works great.

Yes, whoever typed “mini director cannot run more than 4 controllers”, need a quick lesson from those of us who do.

I had 17 for Halloween testing alone.

Combo of pixies and AC controllers. To make it better they were all

on 1 network. For Christmas running 8 networks 

JR

Edited by dibblejr