Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting up Pixie16 Unit and address on Pixel Editor

KTMRider_524

I can't figure out the addressing and circuits with the pixel editor program. I have my Unit ID set to #3 and i am using 5 outputs on my Pixie16. Can someone please walk me through putting in the channels on Pixel editor for each of my props.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • I have a similar question.
  • I want to have arches 1,2 and 3 and fire stick 1,2,3 and 4 on a Pixie 8 controller ID set to #1 and arches 4,5 and 6 and fire stick 5,6,7 and 8 on a Pixie 8 controller ID# 2.
  • How do I configure PE Prop definition channel configuration for this set up?

5 hours ago, Eric Ganahl said:
  • I have a similar question.
  • I want to have arches 1,2 and 3 and fire stick 1,2,3 and 4 on a Pixie 8 controller ID set to #1 and arches 4,5 and 6 and fire stick 5,6,7 and 8 on a Pixie 8 controller ID# 2.
  • How do I configure PE Prop definition channel configuration for this set up?

On Pixies the setting is the Starting ID of the first port.: that Pixie 8 is 1 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8), the second one  s/b 9 (a,b,c,d,e,f,11)

• Thanks 1

WOW! I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. 

I'm trying to add RGB's to my current show. I already am running 6 CTB16PC controllers. I also have a Pixie 8 {which I just bought) with pixel editor version v4.3.24 pro. I can control the lights in the hardware utility on the pixie but when I try it with the pixel editor I don't get the lights to work (I've had the PE for almost a year now and have been playing with programming some songs). I guess I'm feeling lost because in the sequence editor I have to assign a unit and channel ID and in PE it's just a unit id, and I can't get it to work like my basic SE. When not on hardware mode the pixie is flashing that it's not connected to an active network too. I feel a bit lost. 

Thanks for any help!

• 3 months later...

The difference Jerry, is that for a CTB16PC, that whole box is one unit # so you have to define the channel ID for each plug.   On a pixel controller, each port can be, usually is, a separate Unit #.  So, you don't need to define a channel ID, just the Unit # for that port. Also, you have to have the control panel running to control the lights in the Pixel Editor.

Eric, you can't have, or you shouldn't have two pixel controllers with unit # so close together, like TheDucks said, your first pixie 8 takes 8 Unit #'s and the second take's another 8 Unit #'s.  To split up the duty of the card to multiple arches, you can create a prop for just one arch and give it the first Unit #.  Then create another prop and give it the next Unit #.  So on and so forth until you have all your arches and fire sticks defined with their own unique Unit #'s.  So when you get done, you should have 14 props defined.

Edited by BluMan

On 12/3/2017 at 5:53 PM, KTMRider_524 said:

I can't figure out the addressing and circuits with the pixel editor program. I have my Unit ID set to #3 and i am using 5 outputs on my Pixie16. Can someone please walk me through putting in the channels on Pixel editor for each of my props.

Thanks!

If your using Pixels, then you need to select the RGB tab in the first or far left window of the Prop Definition.  There are no Channels on a pixie 16, just unit #'s.  Each port should be a seperate unit #.  So, for you, port 1 should be Unit #3, port 2 should be Unit #4, port 3 should be Unit #5, and so forth.  See my previous post in this thread if you are planning on having multiple props using the same board in my reply to Eric.

Edited by BluMan