Light-O-Rama Forums

Unit IDs needed per controller ?

Richard Hamilton

How many consecutive unit IDs does the cmb24d need?

I must be looking in the wrong places as I don't seem to find this info in the manual or on the site.  I was hoping to find a chart somewhere to show the number of IDs needed for each type of controller.  I know that some pixie controllers use 2 and the pixie tree uses 16 for example. 

The reason I am asking this question is that I noticed my flood lights are reaching to some commands from a pixie controller even though the verifier software doesn't report any conflict.  I'm pretty sure I haven't spaced out my unit IDs enough for the cmb24d.  Sooooo, does it need just one ID or is it automatically using 8, or possibly even 24?

Edited by Richard Hamilton

1 minute ago, Dennis Laff said:

The cmb24 uses just one ID it has 24 channels and can control 8 rgb channels .

Thanks Dennis.  That is what I thought, but wasn't sure.  With that in mind, I have to see what controller might be overlapping with it tomorrow.

The only LOR controllers that have more than one ID are pixel controllers.  CCP and CCB controllers CAN have one or two IDs depending on how they are configured.  Pixie controllers have one Unit ID per string. I believe a Pixcon 16 is the same way, but I'm not sure and a QUICK look at the manual did not answer that.

• The topic was locked