Light-O-Rama Forums

What should I try next?

oilmoney

Over the past week or so I've been trying to figure out what's going on with my display. The HU sees all the controllers, it turns them on/off manually ( the lights ) but when I try to run the lights using SE or a show I get nothing. My PC was giving me conflicting info so I eliminated it today by buying a laptop exclusively for the display.  I loaded up the newest version of S4, I activated the software ( 40 CCR level, the license shows in the top bar of SE ) using the same key that I used on my PC, I set up my ports for both networks, changed them in the network preferences ( COM 3 and 4, 500k using the red adapter ) , I put all the sequences and audio where they belong, created a brand new sequence by copying/pasting from my existing sequences and tried it out and still no lights. I even set up my laptop in the garage which eliminated roughly 50ft of network cables for both networks.

Tomorrow I'm going to check controller by controller to see if I can find something obvious. What kind of problem does water normally cause? I've never had an issue with it as it usually stays frozen up here.

Would one bad controller screw the whole network or multiple networks? I'm guessing not. What are your opinions of my network ( 26 controllers on REG and 7 on aux B ) if the HU can see them all? I don't have the means to test it.

How about compressing sequences? Do I need to do that for S4 to work? I'm guessing not as the display worked flawlessly during Halloween.

When I tried to play my show I had the tray open, blue light on, listener listening. One thing I notice that since the new S4 install I no longer have the " lights off" tab in the top of SE, tried dragging the tabs to expose it but no luck.

Do I need to contact LOR for a new software key? If I remember correctly we are allowed to install on 4 or 5 computers right?

I'm also going to check all my firmware but I think if some firmware was wrong then it would just be limited to that controller.

To top things off when I tried to use the 12 CCR medley from forum user caffeine it wouldn't load up on my laptop or pc anymore, if anyone has it I'm now really desparate to get a copy of that as he did such a good job sequencing the CCR tree it's the whole reason I sequenced the song for my display. Edit: A kind member sent this to me, thank you!

As I was planning to go live dec 8 I'm starting to get a little desperate now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm working nightshift so I have time to plan my next attack on this before waking up tomorrow afternoon to resume troubleshooting. As always thanks in advance!

oilmoney

Edited by oilmoney

If HU can control the lights on your controllers the problem is either your Network Preferences or your Channel config. 

You say it all worked good at Halloween and if I am correct the only thing you changed was the PC and sequences of course then you just didn't set your NP or channel config correctly.

What controllers are on each network?

I recently asked about max # of computers and was informed there is really no need to worry about it.

JR

32 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If HU can control the lights on your controllers the problem is either your Network Preferences or your Channel config. 

You say it all worked good at Halloween and if I am correct the only thing you changed was the PC and sequences of course then you just didn't set your NP or channel config correctly.

What controllers are on each network?

I recently asked about max # of computers and was informed there is really no need to worry about it.

JR

Thanks for your reply JR, I'll check again tomorrow but for the life of me I can't figure what I'm missing.  I've got 6 CCRs, 4 CMB24D's, 1 CCP, and 15 CTB16's on REG and 6CCR's and 1 CTB16 on the other. I had a third network but got rid of it.

Just thought of something, does the firmware for the rs-485 come with S4 or do you have to load it? I just realized I never loaded it on the new pc. Fingers crossed.