Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights Turn On BUT will not Shimmer/Sparkle

Ben R.

I cannot figure out why my 16 channel controller (new this year) will only allow my lights to turn on and not shimmer or sparkle.  I have ample power and utilizing LEDs on all my channels.  My other two controllers (16 channels also) are working good.  Any help would be great!

Edited by Ben R.

Yes, I have and it is a G3 controller.  I have seen on the hardware utility...it will not allow me to shimmer/sparkle the lights...in the advanced configuration it will not read.

1 minute ago, Ben R. said:

I have seen on the hardware utility...it will not allow me to shimmer/sparkle the lights...in the advanced configuration it will not read.

What do you mean that "it will not allow me to shimmer/sparkle"?  I can understand that the lights may not actually shimmer, but not that it won't allow it.

Just now, k6ccc said:

What do you mean that "it will not allow me to shimmer/sparkle"?  I can understand that the lights may not actually shimmer, but not that it won't allow it.

Sorry, the lights will not do anything when I hit the shimmer or sparkle buttons...they will only turn on and off.

1 minute ago, Ben R. said:

Sorry, the lights will not do anything when I hit the shimmer or sparkle buttons...they will only turn on and off.

For a test, try plugging something else into an outlet and testing it.  For example, a desk or table light, night light, drop light.  Preferably one that has an incandescent bulb and definitely one that is dumb (just a dumb switch to turn it on rather than a dark sensor, touch sensor, or remote control).  That will confirm if it's an issue with the lights or the controller.

BTW, for terminology, the term is twinkle - not sparkle.

Don’t need advanced. Stay outta that area.  When you slide an individual channel up and down, does the connected light strand dim/fade?

Also, when you have them on and then click shimmer, anything?

Edited by Mega Arch

26 minutes ago, Ben R. said:

Will do as I am far from advanced!  Nothing happens with fade or shimmer/twinkle...it's either 100% or nothing.

If that image is what you are using for the twinkle test, spin the wheel to #3, then try

BTW you can do the twinkle, shimmer test from the main HU.  just select the controller from the discovered device list.

select twinkle, click On   (The slider to the right sets the % to use BEFORE clicking ON(%)

I would try removing the jumper on the LOR unit and then power up for a few secs, then power down and put jumper back in. This usually fixes bugs within the LOR.

1 hour ago, Ben R. said:

I was trying anything including the different channels.  it is weird it refers to my g3 unit as it does below

Again,  You have Twinkle set

BUT you have Unit 1 selected, not 3 (assumes old are 1 and 2)

• The topic was locked