Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Controllers Getting Commands, Standard Controllers Not

jroot

Trying to run my show tonight. I have 3 standard controllers and 1 RGB Flood kit and 1 CCR Tree (5 units total).

- All 5 units found and test OK in Hardware console

- When running a sequence in SE, no response or lights working. Software runs like normal, just no "show"

- When running a sequence in PE, the RGB controllers work (control the RGBs as expected)

So I thought maybe I just needed to go ahead and set up the show and schedule editor. Did that and enable the show. Again, only RGBs working. Any ideas? "Control lights" is checked in both. I'm only using one port/network, which I was told is fine for this releatively small number of pixel.

Thanks, Jason

Trying to run my show tonight. I have 3 standard controllers and 1 RGB Flood kit and 1 CCR Tree (5 units total).

- All 5 units found and test OK in Hardware console

- When running a sequence in SE, no response or lights working. Software runs like normal, just no "show"

- When running a sequence in PE, the RGB controllers work (control the RGBs as expected)

So I thought maybe I just needed to go ahead and set up the show and schedule editor. Did that and enable the show. Again, only RGBs working. Any ideas? "Control lights" is checked in both. I'm only using one port/network, which I was told is fine for this releatively small number of pixel.

Thanks, Jason

And LOR Admin, ease up on the admonishment. I just felt this topic fit several different categories and wanted to make sure it was "seen."  I wish you all responded as quickly and passionately to real questions as you did merging my request for help in the forum.

56 minutes ago, jroot said:

Hi Dennis. Sequencing in both. When sequencing in PE I Save and then Save Intensity Files.

The controllers your using in pixel editor are they on LOR. Network if so in network Preferences are they in Enhansed mode ?

Hi Dennis, thanks again for helping. So, turning down got the SE to play/show my standard LOR units (and RGB floods) but not the CCRs. So, in short, slow (57k) works for standard LOR only and enhances works for CCR only. Neither speed will control all. So, this leaves to assume that I do in fact need to run 2 separate com ports and then run the CCRs on the Aux port. Is that correct? I was told my LOR that my 3 standard unit plus 2 pixel unit setup would be fine on one com/network but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can you confirm if that makes sense to you? 

43 minutes ago, jroot said:

Hi Dennis, thanks again for helping. So, turning down got the SE to play/show my standard LOR units (and RGB floods) but not the CCRs. So, in short, slow (57k) works for standard LOR only and enhances works for CCR only. Neither speed will control all. So, this leaves to assume that I do in fact need to run 2 separate com ports and then run the CCRs on the Aux port. Is that correct? I was told my LOR that my 3 standard unit plus 2 pixel unit setup would be fine on one com/network but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can you confirm if that makes sense to you? 

you should be able to go as fast as 115k for you old controllers, that will probably be still too slow for CCR or pixies.

the 2nd network needs to be HS (the red adapter),  The network name Reg, Aux A can be assigned to either type using the Network utility  (my Reg is the HS one, AUX a 56K)

Are your “standard controllers” capable of operating on an enhanced network?

Second question .  Do you have channels that appear in both Sequence Editor and Pixel Editor?  Any given channel can exist in only one.  And to amplify that last statement, I don’t just mean a channel is not used, I mean it does not exist.

Thanks. I'm working on setting up the 2nd network now. I have my 3 regular units set to Comm 3, Reg at 57k and the 2 RGB units on Aux at 500k Enhanced. Feels like I'm on the right track but getting the same results. Standard units working in SE and when show is enabled. Can't seem to get RGBs going.  I still need to go into the PE and changes the props to the Aux secondary port and I'm hope it will work. I'm having some issues getting my show laptop rebooted to try that. If I still can't get it to work I'll jump back in and respond to the questions. Appreciate the help.

Guys, thanks so much. After rebooting I was able to make a few adjustments and get things going. Embarrassingly, the likely issue is that I didn't have all the SE props checked in my PE prop preview options. Hard to tell if that was the only thing, but I'm sure that was part of it. Thanks as always!

I have a similar issue.  I used the PE to sequence a magatree (looks great in the PE view) but does not actually control the lights in the real world.  The intensity file in SE show the correct LOR controller and channel numbers. (I have the "Sequence Method" set for PE so all good there).

To test, i added dummy content to the SE channels and the dummy content works fine.

Suggestions?

Question for- k6ccc

Jim - Reading closer, I did "Delete Channel" for all not sequenced with SE but are you saying to "Delete Channel from Track"? I assume this only apples for standard LOR channels correct?  My DMX channels are working fine which were also sequenced using PE.

mike

Problem Solved - Split network to Reg & Aux A.  Changed channel config in SE and PE to match where controllers used by SE only are on one net and PE & SE are on separate net.  This allowed me to sequence in PE and SE for the megatree.

If anyone has another way, to have them on the same net please let me know.

thx!

Having the same issue, first time using pixie lights. Have 2 regular LOR and 2 Pixie16. Changed network configuration over and over same results 2 will work the other 2 

will not. First time I ever missed my deadline running my show. Please can any help.

56 minutes ago, floridawhitecaps said:

Having the same issue, first time using pixie lights. Have 2 regular LOR and 2 Pixie16. Changed network configuration over and over same results 2 will work the other 2 

will not. First time I ever missed my deadline running my show. Please can any help.

Which controllers don't work?