Light-O-Rama Forums

please be patient aspheia the result of stoke...

pjk

When you say "get an error" is this one that shows up in the status window for LOR,  or the show just freezes?

If you haven't pulled up the status window, please do. The error message (if any) there will be very helpful in figuring out what's going on.

If you look at the Light Bulb in the task bar  and Right Click on it, it should bring up a status window. (I'm going to assume you are using a recent version of the software, downloaded this year.)

There you will see the status of what's actually happening at that exact moment.

Sorry I thought you meant something else... yes it I’ve had it running all the time in all it comes up is the spinning wheel

Sorry for the confusion Don but my aphasia is got the best of me I appreciate  your patience

Okay. I can understand your situation.

You said "Action Center" but LOR doesn't have an Action Center, so I'm really not sure what you are looking at, but I don't think it's the LOR Status Window that you were looking at.

When you have your shows enabled, do you see a light bulb, or know how to get to the light bulb in the Windows tool bar, near the date/time?

Hi Don, as soon as the show is about to start I click on status and it said not responding.  As soon as I touch anything the curser just spins.  I need to shut everything down and start it again and so far it works. That's all Ive got for now.IMG_2865.JPG.55b2ff84f937d92f61d2cfe52194ec46.JPG

When you say that you need to shut everything down, are you talking about just the LOR software or do you reboot then entire computer?

Here are a couple of things you can try:

- Remove and then reinstall the entire LOR software suite - this will insure you don't have a corrupted install.

- Run a full anti-virus scan of your PC to make sure you don't have a virus.

From the screen shot you posted, it looks like your show entered shutdown mode and completed normally.   What tool did you use to build your show (Simple Show Builder or Show Editor)

Are you running your show on demand or via a schedule?  See if you can post a copy of your entire log to the forum.

Have you run the LOR verifier tool on your sequences and your entire show?

Hi Jim,

I went ahead and got a new laptop... I downloaded the new software suite but how do I get the old show him with the new one. I saved it on him power stick. I assume everything is straight forward from here out  but if you have any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

happy holidays and Merry Christmas 

(oh and I ran a new cat five just to be safe)

• The topic was locked