Light-O-Rama Forums

Before I invest...

Mrsclox

Before I start purchasing, I want to make sure I’m on the right track. I am hoping to “hack” my living room Christmas tree lights. It has RGB LED lights. It currently only has white or color and flashing between the two options. I’m not looking to do anything extravagant. Just play with the colors and sequencing. Am I in the right place? If so, what should I buy?

1 hour ago, Mrsclox said:

Before I start purchasing, I want to make sure I’m on the right track. I am hoping to “hack” my living room Christmas tree lights. It has RGB LED lights. It currently only has white or color and flashing between the two options. I’m not looking to do anything extravagant. Just play with the colors and sequencing. Am I in the right place? If so, what should I buy?

There are lots of issues trying to 'convert' strings with attached packaged controllers.

# 1 what voltage is sent to the bulb?

#2 Smart or Dumb RGB  (when color, do the individual bulbs change color independently)

How many wires go to each bulb from the control box?

Do they all daisy chain (same go in and come out of each bulb)

What is the manufactures name  model number (on the control box), someone here might be familiar (or attempted your project?