Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO Showtime Central

Jehu Poitier

Just received my showtime central and it says just to plug in LAN cable, extend the antenna for the FM Transmitter and show should commence, however this is not happening. Can someone help me to get this system running. 

Thanks

Help us help you.  You need to provide more details, we are not there to see what you have done or what is happening.

What did you plug the LAN cable to?

What are the LEDs on the mini-director and controller doing?

What is or isn't happening? 

Are the lights working? 

Is there sound?

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:23 AM, JPat said:

Did you power the STC and/or controllers in addition to the cable.

The controller does come on by way of the flashing status light when I plug the LAN cable from the mini director.

9 hours ago, Jehu Poitier said:

The controller does come on by way of the flashing status light when I plug the LAN cable from the mini director.

So are you saying that you didn't plug in the two controller plugs?  Another question, did you insert the SD card that came with the package?

1 hour ago, JPat said:

So are you saying that you didn't plug in the two controller plugs?  Another question, did you insert the SD card that came with the package?

Yes I did. I put the LAN cable from the controller to the mini director, plugged in the controller and the status light was blinking. The director was flashing red and when I inserted the SD card the light became steady. I plugged in the a few lights and even alternated them from plug to plug and they don't power on. I even used the adapter and plugged into my computer to see if the software will download and nothing happened. The only thing I haven't done is actually install the driver CD on my computer and that is because the laptop I have at home is apple with no CD ROM so I need to get my office computer which is a HP. Ive watched several youtube videos of people setting their system up but the difference is they used their PC. I bought this set up so I wouldn't have to use a PC initially.

Unplug the controller, but leave the CAT5 cables connected.

With the controller unplugged, remove the SD card.  Then re-insert the SD card.  Now plug the controller back in.  After about 10 - 15 seconds, do the lights start flashing/blinking?

I'm not using that 12V DC external power supply for the miniDirector.  I have all 3 of my light controllers hooked up to wireless remote controls so I just click 3 "On" or "Off" buttons to either supply or kill power to the light controllers.  (I set it up that way before receiving the 12V external power supply, and decided to just leave it that way since it's working fine.) 

Try everything that I said in my previous post, except don't plug in the 12V power supply.

I've done all that and still nothing. I only have to have 1 set lights plugged in to test correct? I'm gonna try and do it through my computer and see if that works.

What is the ID# of the light controller?  If it's not 1, set it to 1 using the LOR software (I only did that once a while ago, so I forgot how to do that).  Then plug in a few more strands of lights in channels 1 - 4. 

Also, since there is an FM transmitter, set it to an unused FM frequency, and turn on a radio and set it to that frequency. 

With everything off and the SD card already in miniDirector, plug in the cords for the light controller.  Do any lights flash?  Do you hear the TSO music on your radio?

I don't have the transmitter and mini director connected at all I am just running from computer, adapter directly into the controller. I did an auto configure and it switched to comm5 and the unit id is supposed to be set to 01 when I try to set the unit ID it says unable to locate unit to change address.

Sorry, I'm not sure how to deal with that error since I connected a controller to my computer just once to change the unit ID# and it worked fine.  Maybe someone here with experience doing that can help you through that error.