Light-O-Rama Forums

Redo a sequence

Dennis Laff

Matt I have sequences I did Last year in the pixel editor  can I add to these sequences with the pixel editor  if I save as intensity file will I lose what was programmed last year in PE.  Thanks Dennis 

If you have the original Pixel Editor file, you should be able to access the effects / programming.  If you only have the intensity data, you will be unable to use that. 

Here's another reply from earlier this month on the same topic:

1 hour ago, Dennis Laff said:

Well that stinks !

The Pixel Editor stores your sequence in a file with an LPE extension. These will be located in the same directory as your LMS/LAS files created with the Sequence Editor. Did something happen to your Pixel Editor sequences?

Matt

I have  sequences from last year that I like, I 've added a matrix and was wondering if I added the matrix to existing sequence that was done in pe last year with the intensity file and I sequenced again in pe to add matrix will I lose last years  effects or will the matrix effects just be added to sequence?

1) If you haven't done so already, make backup copies of last year's sequences.

2) Add the matrix to the preview you used last year. Don't delete anything from the preview. If there are items in the preview that no longer exist in this year's display, just open the Prop Definition for that item and change the Device Type (from LOR or DMX) to Undetermined.

3) Open one of last year's sequences. All of your effects from last year should be there. If the Matrix doesn't show up in the list of props, click the "Props" button and place a check mark next to the matrix prop.

4) Add effects to the new matrix.

5) Test it: Make sure the LOR Control Panel is running. In PE, select Tools > Control Lights. Play your sequence.

6) Save the intensity data file.

Matt

Thanks Matt so it looks like as long as I have all my props checked as sequenced in PE  it  will update and save last year's effects . 

45 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Thanks Matt so it looks like as long as I have all my props checked as sequenced in PE  it  will update and save last year's effects . 

Yes.