Light-O-Rama Forums

Group Modify length of effects?

Timc31610

I have created a sequence in Superstar and the length of each effect is .05, is there a way to change the length of each effect without selecting each one individually and modifying it?

You can select a group of effects by doing a click and drag. And you can add or subtract from a group selection by doing Ctrl + left click.

Once you have the group selected that you want to change the length of effects, you can click on the "Nudge Length Left" or "Nudge Length Right" buttons

I tried that, it seems that .05 seconds may be the shortest time allowed? I tried it with all of the effects selected, when that didn't work I tried a few individually. Thanks for the quick response Brian!

Yes, .05 seconds is the shortest time allowed. Any shorter and the hardware would likely not have enough time to react to the command. In general I try to make all my effects .10 seconds or longer or else like I say you may not see anything on the actual lights.

On individual effects, you can manually type the beginning and end time - down to the 0.01 seconds.  There is exactly one place I do that on all of my sequences.   I have four channels that I want left on between sequences. That means they must be on at the end of the sequence. So after the first time I save a sequence, I open the file with a text editor so I can see exactly the end time of the sequence. Then I edit the end time of the scenes for those channels to end at the exact end of the sequence.  Other than that, I have found 0.05 seconds to be a problem.