Light-O-Rama Forums

Boxes not working

A one doll

I have 7 boxes and this is my first year and we hooked all of the boxes up to the mini director and they do not work. We had been testing them as we went along and they worked and tonight since we were ready to start all we hook them up and they say no power? any suggestions..Thanks so much

Edited by A one doll

it seems the 2 boxes in front are working but only a few of the lights come and the other boxes have no power and do nothing

No blinking status light. Plug them in to an outlet.

Blinking status light. Check cable connection.

Steady status light. Check sequence.

I didn't know boxes could plug into the mini director, they are just boxes.

More specificity would suit you well in these forums.

JR

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Tom - The boxes

JR

I need to upgrade JR. My boxes don't say anything, they just sit there with a smile. LOL

Edited by Santas Helper

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I didn't know boxes could plug into the mini director, they are just boxes.

More specificity would suit you well in these forums.

JR

they are plugged in to the mini director with cat 5 to all boxes 2 boxes say no connection the other ones the light is blinking

Just now, A one doll said:

they are plugged in to the mini director with cat 5 to all boxes 2 boxes say no

2 minutes ago, A one doll said:

they are plugged in to the mini director with cat 5 to all boxes 2 boxes say no connection the other ones the light is blinking

2 minutes ago, A one doll said:

the other ones the light is blinking

I have two of the pro boxes that have a screen and it is saying no connection

50 minutes ago, A one doll said:

I have two of the pro boxes that have a screen and it is saying no connection

I think it would help if you started over and gave a more specific description of your setup.  There are so many different variables in play.  While they're joking around a little at your expense, they just need more info in order to help you.  And they will help you.  

22 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

Not sure what you mean by "they say no power".  Can you explain more?

We have 7 boxes in our setup boxes 1-6 were connected correctly and everything was working fine until we hooked up the final box, now nothing is working mp3 director stays on solid red light and won't load sequences. Nothing is working all boxes have power and flashing green light but they seem to not be getting the signal from the mp3 director. Am stuck have checked and rechecked all connections they are right, everything has power but no sequences play. We have reset all the boxes and still nothing is working. Is there a way to check mp3 director to make sure it works or a way to reset. Any help is appreciated.  ave 2 lor 1602wg3 and 4 ctb16pc

11 hours ago, A one doll said:

We have 7 boxes in our setup boxes 1-6 were connected correctly and everything was working fine until we hooked up the final box, now nothing is working mp3 director stays on solid red light and won't load sequences. Nothing is working all boxes have power and flashing green light but they seem to not be getting the signal from the mp3 director. Am stuck have checked and rechecked all connections they are right, everything has power but no sequences play. We have reset all the boxes and still nothing is working. Is there a way to check mp3 director to make sure it works or a way to reset. Any help is appreciated.  I have 2 lor 1602wg3 and 4 ctb16pc

22 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

Not sure what you mean by "they say no power".  Can you explain more?

We have 7 boxes in our setup boxes 1-6 were connected correctly and everything was working fine until we hooked up the final box, now nothing is working mp3 director stays on solid red light and won't load sequences. Nothing is working all boxes have power and flashing green light but they seem to not be getting the signal from the mp3 director. Am stuck have checked and rechecked all connections they are right, everything has power but no sequences play. We have reset all the boxes and still nothing is working. Is there a way to check mp3 director to make sure it works or a way to reset. Any help is appreciated. I have 2 lor1602wg3 and 4 ctb16 pc

22 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

What are the status lights on the controllers doing? Blinking or staying on?

We have 7 boxes in our setup boxes 1-6 were connected correctly and everything was working fine until we hooked up the final box, now nothing is working mp3 director stays on solid red light and won't load sequences. Nothing is working all boxes have power and flashing green light but they seem to not be getting the signal from the mp3 director. Am stuck have checked and rechecked all connections they are right, everything has power but no sequences play. We have reset all the boxes and still nothing is working. Is there a way to check mp3 director to make sure it works or a way to reset. Any help is appreciated.    we have 2 lor1602wg3 and 4 ctb16pc