Light-O-Rama Forums

HU sees the controllers but they won't work during a show

oilmoney

I'm in a bit of a pickle here, when I use the HU it sees every controller in the selected network. I can go to any controller except the last one in the network and turn on the lights ( the last one I'm assuming is probably just a cable issue. ) Sometimes when I play a sequence off the sequence editor it plays on the lights, sometimes not. When I tried to play a show last night only one network was turning lights on. When I checked the network config S4 had removed my port I had selected and changed it to none. To eliminate that threat of happening again I moved all the controllers on the faulty network ( AUX A ) and ran it to the network that was working ( REG ). This was easy as I just had to run the cat5 from AUX A into the last controller in the REG network. After that I changed all my controllers to mimic that using the channel configuration tool.

I unplugged all my 485 adapters and used the HU to auto configure my comm ports one at a time( I am now running 2 networks vs 3 ) I ended up with com port 4 and 8. I ran the diagnostic tool and it sees that as well. I double checked in network preferences and it's the same there too.

I'm currently running @ 500k, I tried using a lower setting but it made no change. Everything I ran on halloween at 500k worked fine.

Yesterday I thought it might be a software issue so I installed the newest version of S4. Is this where I screwed up? I used to have LOR running on my " F " drive and when I reinstalled I placed it on my " C " drive. My sequences are still on the F drive, do I need to move them? It appears that S4 has no trouble finding them when I use SE.

I've been troubleshooting this the last couple of days with no luck. I hate to ask of you guys but I'm running out of things to try, the next step would be replacing network cables but I'm shying away from that as I can see every controller in the network. Is a bad CAT5 cable that can see the controllers but not control them a thing? I'm almost ready to have a static display this year lol!

I have a feeling that it's got something to do with my settings or software? I let the installer do whatever it wanted when I reinstalled S4 yesterday, ended up installing like this: computer/local disk (C:)/program files(x86)/lightorama. When I open that folder I don't see a folder for sequences, should I move it from my F drive and just plunk it in there? Did I possibly not uninstall the old program and they're conflicting? I'm not that great with computer stuff. Thank you for reading this!

As for changing where LOR is looking for the files, look in the LOR install directory for LORPost.exe and run it.  You will be able to change the location for the LOR files.

as for some stuff not running where you say it all worked at 500k speed for Halloween, my first guess would be enhanced vs non-enhanced.

For starters run Lorpost.exe In the X86 folder and point the program to you Light O rama  data Root folder on F:

i currently have everything set at non enhanced, I'll do the install directory thing now. Thanks for your quick response!

So the new install has placed my sequences in (C:)/users/oilmoney/my documents/lightorama. It must have copied them from F: yesterday when I reinstalled. I know it took a while and I watched it gobble up a bunch of drive space when I clicked finish on the install. I now have copies of my sequences on both drives but LORPOST is telling me that it's looking in the right spot right? One thing i notice is that all the S4 programs are in the same file as well as my x86/lightorama file, could that possibly cause a conflict? I could just delete the extra programs?

Update: When I clicked on one of the "extra" exe files in (C:)/users/oilmoney/my documents/lightorama it prompted me to the install wizard so I think they're just sitting there.

Edited by oilmoney

Open SE and do a file open and see where it is looking for files. Those are probably the best to keep. but triple check they are good before you delete the others.

You will most likely have to open each sequence and re-associate the audio and any shows or schedules may need re creating.

It's still looking in F drive so I'm going to change to F:Lightorama/sequences. When i do that I get: Error: Path file access error on step: install demos

It won't let me lol, I'm transferring all my important files to a separate drive uninstalling and trying again.