Light-O-Rama Forums

Track timming

Wayne K

I am updating my sequences. I am adding 2 tracks to my sequences. So my master sequence I have setup the way I want them displayed. So I have saved the file and then updated my template file. When I open another sequence to add these tracks, What is the best way to do this? if I do a straight import it creates the 2 new tracks with no timing grid on them and then I struggle to get a timing grid layed out. If I create the 2 tracks before importing then it gives me the option for each track as I add it, to do the timing grid. I am using a .05 grid and the only way I seem to be able to get that is to use the other timing and type .05 in the box. This then becomes a fixed timing that I can not adjust. Am I doing this right with either of these 2 ways or is there a different way to do this?

Thanks

Wayne

Timing Grids have nothing to do with the channel configuration. Just look up at the top of the SE for the Timings button/drop down, and change to the timing marks you wish to you.

Don

Yes I know that timing grids have nothing to do with the channel configuration file. What is the proper way to insert a .05 grid on a cell that is 3 minutes long from the start to the end after I import my configuration and now have an empty channels on that track? If I select the free form grid I get different cell sizes, if I select fixed grid I cant change any of the timing lines. So what I have done on a couple of songs is right click and selected insert multiple timings and started at 0 and put in a number of around 4500 to start with and looked at my grid to see if it is uniform, if it is not I undo that and try a higher or lower number to get what looks like an even grid and check it for size by hoovering above the grid at different places to get the channel pop up that tells you the timing and size.

Thanks

Wayne

Like Don said, click on the TIMINGS button. The click add new fixed grid and tell it .05. Then use it where you need to & then toggle the timings back to the one you prefer to do most your programing with. Some songs, I have 4 or 5 different timing grids available. 

• The topic was locked